Rune2006

Full Version: [spoiler]Trading Cards[/spoiler]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A new Target recently opened in town and I just recently visited it a few days back... I noticed nothing of interest, in the toy section there were no Pokemon figures or anything so all in all I thought the opening of this new store was pointless as we already have a K mart so there's not much new to offer...

But then I noticed on my way out that there was a trading card section, albeit a small one, still the largest variety in town and for the best prices.

You have no idea how tempted I am to start collecting Pokeman cards (again) now. You also have no idea how badly I don't want to start collecting cards. B)
I collected them for a few years, still have a tin full of level EX and rare cards. It's hard to resist buying them again I know =)
I decided to grab about 30 dollars worth of Pokemon TCG stuffs. Got a starter "learn to play" kit which provided 2 decks of 30 cards (so basically a started deck split into two with instructions for noobs) and a box set which provided 3 booster packs and 3 holo rare basic cards of pokemon I've never seen. In fact, most of these cards are of pokemon I haven't seen! I only got up to around the third badge in Black/White, really didn't enjoy that game but I'm positive X&Y will be great! I see black/white (as well as black/white 2, tbh) as a necessary bridge between Diamond/Pearl and X/Y... It's an awkward underdeveloped X/Y in other words, which was barely more advanced than D/P... I could go on about that but I think that explains the gist.

Also, I am considering putting some money to the side for a booster box, I've never gotten one of those and it'd be a dream to!

[Image: DZdlJpo.jpg]
(08-11-2013 03:03 AM)Sexy Skiller Wrote: [ -> ]I decided to grab about 30 dollars worth of Pokemon TCG stuffs. Got a starter "learn to play" kit which provided 2 decks of 30 cards (so basically a started deck split into two with instructions for noobs) and a box set which provided 3 booster packs and 3 holo rare basic cards of pokemon I've never seen. In fact, most of these cards are of pokemon I haven't seen! I only got up to around the third badge in Black/White, really didn't enjoy that game but I'm positive X&Y will be great! I see black/white (as well as black/white 2, tbh) as a necessary bridge between Diamond/Pearl and X/Y... It's an awkward underdeveloped X/Y in other words, which was barely more advanced than D/P... I could go on about that but I think that explains the gist.

Also, I am considering putting some money to the side for a booster box, I've never gotten one of those and it'd be a dream to!

[Image: DZdlJpo.jpg]

Very cool, you're making me want to start again.
Yeah, I might continue to get them... Maybe even go to a weekly meet-up, I know they have a good one only a town away.. Here though? Probably not.

Also, I pulled some pretty good cards! A Charizard & Kyurem, both worth around 7-9 USD, so with those 2 and possibly a couple others I haven't looked into yet, I could actually have made a profit if chose to sell these Tongue Not that there's much of a demand though, it'd be a challenge.
Reference URL's