Rune2006

Full Version: Do you think that the media is brainwashing us?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is an interesting topic and I'd like to hear your opinions on the subject, I shall join in if there is any activity in this thread.

Discussion topic: Do you think that the media is brainwashing us?
(media as in news, internet news, newspapers, radio, advertisements)
I don't follow the media, nor do I care.
You can't get away from the media, as long as you have a internet connection and live near a shop / in a town.
there is a reason its called british brainwashingchannel
I don't watch the news, read newspapers, or listen to the radio. But I can definitely say advertisements in a sense do attempt to brainwash people. Advertisements create an urge in people to spend. On top of that, the fact that we see so many advertisements every day only further strengthens our impulse. We wake up in the morning and see advertisements on our cereal boxes, we drive to school or work and see advertisements on signs and on other cars, we turn on the T.V and there's more advertisements.

Think about it this way, if one guy told you that cardboard tasted good, would you try it? If you're the kind of person I think you are, you wouldn't.

Now if 3000 different people told you that cardboard tasted good, would you try it? And if not, you'll definitely consider it at the very least.

So yes, I think advertisements are making us feel as if we're forced to buy whatever it is that is being advertised.
I never watch the news cause there's always people getting shot and killed and that just puts me in a bad mood
Well it depends what kind of news. Like daily news isn't exactly brainwashing. Their just saying whats happening in the world.
Reference URL's