Rune2006

Full Version: Lucid Dreaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This thread is for people who are interested in lucid dreaming.

A lucid dream is a dream in which you realise that you're dreaming.
You're able to control the dream and do basically anything you want to, how amazing is that?! Interested? This thread is for you!

I've read lots of lucid dream tutorials, and I'm going to share the most important steps I've learned with you all!

1. Get a dream journal.
Write everything you remember from a dream into the journal, this is a very important step. It's a pain in the ass for some people like me, though. This will help your brain understand that dreams are important to you. Some people may think that they don't dream whatsoever, this is not true. Everyone dreams, however, some people (like me) have hard times attempting to remember them. Don't worry, though. Keep trying to remember and eventually you'll remember them with ease.

2. Reality checks.
You must create a habit of checking whether you're in a dream or not. There are many reality checks, pick one that is the most suitable one for you. I use the two-finger into the palm method. You use the index and middle finger to stab your palm, and if you really are dreaming when doing this, apparently the fingers will go through the palm.

I believe these are the two most important steps. There are more steps that may be helpful to you, but I tried to keep it as simple as possible to prevent people from getting discouraged.

Please note that this requires a lot of patience. Some people may succeed earlier, while some people may succeed after a long time. The latter goes for me, unfortunately.

I have been doing this on and off for a few months now, and I have only succeeded in lucid dreaming in the first few weeks. I won't give up, though!

If you have experience with lucid dreaming, please share them! I'm very interested. I'd like to know how you did it.

For people who need further assistance, feel free to ask me.
holy shit dude. i do this sometimes on my own when it's school time and i've stayed up to 1:00 the day before. then my mom comes in like half wakes me up OMFG then i can do what i want in my dream. dude i never knew anything about this. whhy would you want to control your dreams? isn't dreams there so you could go to sleep and ur body repairs itself?
(10-20-2013 03:42 AM)Doyoy Wrote: [ -> ]holy shit dude. i do this sometimes on my own when it's school time and i've stayed up to 1:00 the day before. then my mom comes in like half wakes me up OMFG then i can do what i want in my dream. dude i never knew anything about this. whhy would you want to control your dreams? isn't dreams there so you could go to sleep and ur body repairs itself?

How did you start lucid dreaming?
Well, I would control my dreams for pure fun. I don't know why we dream, I don't think it has anything to do with repairing our body. Tongue
It won't hurt your body sleep is sleep
To be honest I don't think I'll be attempting this. I have far too many nightmares and would rather not write them down in a journal. =/
(10-20-2013 05:25 AM)Paper Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest I don't think I'll be attempting this. I have far too many nightmares and would rather not write them down in a journal. =/

I understand that. But lucid dreaming can help you fight nightmares.
I've lucid dreamed a few times. It sounds crazy but I had the same dream 3 night in a row. My sister would come into my room, with this creepy ass girl. And they would throw knifes at me. But on the 3rd night i knew it was a dream and i killed them both Tongue
I would not recommend doing this, as it is very addictive.
Lol. Tongue
(10-20-2013 05:26 AM)dsun Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2013 05:25 AM)Paper Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest I don't think I'll be attempting this. I have far too many nightmares and would rather not write them down in a journal. =/

I understand that. But lucid dreaming can help you fight nightmares.
How? All I'd be doing is writing down negative things in a journal.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's