Rune2006

Full Version: Hobby Attempt #1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(09-27-2013 12:41 PM)Kornslipkn Wrote: [ -> ]Maye get a girlfriend, a job, find a new hobby, who knows? There are endless things to do on this world, you just have to find the right one for you!

So I've been looking around for a hobby to ease my boredom and I stumbled across miniature models. I've been painting models for fun. Not sure if this is something I'll stick with but here's what I've painted so far.
[Image: 2nlvk2p.jpg]

What do you think? Areas I could improve in? Any tips to make them look better? I'd like any criticism please, even if it's negative.
Did you really paint them? If so, that's just pro. I used to do the same thing as a kid, but they always turned out to be complete crap. Interesting hobby. It's actually pretty fun.
I do to Smile But with toy metal cars
Awesome, they look great.
Woah, they look really good.

Maybe you should invest in some cool metallic paint to give the models a cool finishing touch! Big Grin
(11-06-2013 08:09 PM)Kornslipkn Wrote: [ -> ]Woah, they look really good.

Maybe you should invest in some cool metallic paint to give the models a cool finishing touch! Big Grin
The winged emblem on their shoulder pads is a white layer and all the other colors are bases. I've considered getting shades and metallic paints to improve some detail but these things really don't come cheap. D=
This hobby is really expensive. =(
(11-06-2013 08:35 PM)Paper Wrote: [ -> ]The winged emblem on their shoulder pads is a white layer and all the other colors are bases. I've considered getting shades and metallic paints to improve some detail but these things really don't come cheap. D=

I wouldn´t put too much cost into this hobby if you aren´t very serious about it. It´s a great temporary hobby, though.

How about drawing manga? I´ve always wanted to draw manga, but I don´t have the skills nor the patience, unfortunately.
(11-06-2013 11:33 PM)dsun Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2013 08:35 PM)Paper Wrote: [ -> ]The winged emblem on their shoulder pads is a white layer and all the other colors are bases. I've considered getting shades and metallic paints to improve some detail but these things really don't come cheap. D=

I wouldn´t put too much cost into this hobby if you aren´t very serious about it. It´s a great temporary hobby, though.

How about drawing manga? I´ve always wanted to draw manga, but I don´t have the skills nor the patience, unfortunately.
Yeah. Some people who I work on the hobby with spend ridiculous amounts of money on this. I limit myself though.

I actually considered drawing manga first as a hobby. However it's going to take me a long time to learn. I thought up a plan that could teach me though. If I do 1 drawing every day for 365 days I'm bound to improve. I could probably skip lunch everyday and try drawing instead.
Something I painted today:

[Image: 1zjdxd.jpg]

I don't know why one of the wings looks green in the photo. I certainly did not mix blue with the gold and it looks fine IRL. =(

Could've put more details into the gun...

Will add grass/dirt on the base later.
isn't something called war hammer or some thing?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's