Rune2006

Full Version: Your RuneScape Stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Post your RuneScape stories here, I'll start off with one.

How I first met RuneScape

Either in late 04 or early 05, everyone in my class would play RuneScape. I saw them and asked a friend for help to create an account (I didn't know much English back then).

I created my account and waited until I got home to play. Later in the tutorial island, I got to the mining part (I had to prospect a rock). I had no idea what to do.

3 days later, in class, I asked my friend to help me. He did the whole tutorial island for me. I started playing again back at home. I killed goblins, skilled a bit, etc.

A few days later, someone asked me if I wanted free cheats, I replied with "Yes". They asked me to give them my password and to log out and wait 2 minutes before logging back in. I gave them my password, logged out, waited 2 minutes and got the "Your account is already logged in" message.

After a while, it gave me the "Invalid username/password". I had no idea I was hacked, but still got sad I couldn't log back in. I immediately created another account, did the whole tutorial island by myself, and started playing again.

Days later, I told my friend that I had created a new account. We added eachother. Few days later, I got bored of the game and quit until a year later (2006), where my true RuneScape adventure began.
How I found Runescape:

I found the game on Miniclip in 2007. I had played practically every other game on Miniclip but I needed an account to try Runescape. So I made one and started playing. The next day I told a few friends about it and found out that they already had accounts and played it. Played so much that I outleveled them in just a month. When clan wars was released, me and a friend spent every day after school for the past 3 months playing it. (Not even joking, I love clan wars) Soon my friend got bored of the game so it was just me. I bought one month membership and enjoyed every moment of it. (90% of it was spent in Castle Wars and the other 10% was doing quests and laughing at the horrible graphics.) After that I don't remember what happened. I left and was playing different games for a while. When I came back to it in 2009, there were all these shit updates that I didn't like at all. And the graphics weren't the same. That was the end of Runescape for me.

How I found Rs-Remake:

The year was 2012 and I was playing a private server of my favorite game when somebody in the chat said something about "2006scape old school runescape remake." I searched it up and found a project working to bring back Runescape the way it was in 2006-07. After waiting several months for the project and seeing minimal results, I searched up "Runescape private servers" and got a list of the top 100. I tried many of them on the top of the list but quit all of them within 60 seconds because they either had the new shitty graphics or an XP rate so high that I could get level 70 Strength from my first hit. After scrolling down the list for a bit I came across #32 Rs-Remake. I went to the website and it looked great (much better than the Rune2006 website looks now lol). So I made an account and started playing with my brother. The graphics were bad and the exp rate wasn't ridiculous. I liked it. After Saulito came around I quit.

How I found Project Rs06:

Starts off the same as it did for Rs-Remake. I was playing a private server of my favorite game when somebody in the chat said something about another 06 server. I was enchanted by the amount of people and I liked the terrible graphics so I started playing. I was REALLY into it. Here's pretty much how it went. Did woodcutting and fletching all the way up to 60 then I went to that bank west of Camelot. There I became an expert on the prices of everything in the woodcutting and fletching industries. I spent a long time merching logs, bowstrings, and axes. And I loved it. I became really rich and starting merching rares next. The money kept on coming. However soon the server started getting overloaded. The playerbase was at 8000 compared to it's usual 1000-2000. With the huge influx of new players, server stability dropped and it was lag central for so long that I just quit.

How I found Rune2006:

I logged onto Skype for the first time in a century and Dj Tim sent me a message asking if I saw Plural's new server yet. He gave me the link and I figured I'd make a forum account just to drop by and say hi to my friends from Rs-Remake. (http://rune2006.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=896) I decided that I'd play if all the great people were still around. Didn't seem like very many so I decided not to play. Some time later on the forums I saw a video about the server that Goku made. It looked kinda cool and made me want to play. Tim told me that Reason49 played and that was pretty much what made me get on and start playing.
How I found RuneScape:

Back in 4th grade a few friends told me to try this "awesome game". I remember being like..."Yeah right.." , used to play Mario on my Gameboy back then. Eventually, they convinced me to try it out. Problem was, when I tried to make an account, it asked me for my age. I was much younger than the required age of 13 to play. I just said..."I'll wait 'till I'm older".

Curiosity eventually won out and I decided to fake the age and make an account. Slight problem again...couldn't find a decent name. So eager to play that I decided to just make up a 12-digit number "name" to just start getting in the game.

Played for a bit, beat Tutorial Island in about an hour (I know, wasn't the best of players). Once I got to mainland, I just walked around asking questions. Was ignored most of the time, but a few players gave me some gear and some money (200gp or so). Then I ended up buying a few axes and just started Woodcutting. Got to level 30, was a huge accomplishment for me.

An classmate at school told me a similar thing as to what Dsun experienced. He told me that he could level my account to Combat level 50 in about 10 mins. Me being a newbie said "Sure, why not?" Gave him the info he needed and that was the last I heard of that account. Looted all the logs and I kinda said to myself "Meh, needed a better username anyway". So then began my journey on a new account.

This time around, I beat Tutorial Island in 20 mins. Searched for "RuneScape guides" and found "Sal's Realm of RuneScape". It had absolutely every guide on every possible thing you could imagine about RuneScape. So I began reading a few guides while having RS opened in another tab. Learned how to finish Cook's Assistant, Rune Mysteries and a few others. Started Woodcutting again and Mining. Made decent profit. Played from late 2005 till around the end of 2011. Started playing on and off from there. Then EOC came and I just quit. Tried out a major RSPS after looking at the top-list on RuneLocus. It's still in the top 2 now actually. Had about 4K players in it's prime. Now, less than 1,500. Played that for a while when I heard about the new 'project': 2006Scape.

Didn't really think much of it though I did watch every video that "Rs2006pk" and "Lmao Jake" put out, major 2006Scape / Project RS06 players. Seemed like a fun game but I didn't really try it out. When Jake made a vid about the 2006Scape shut down and Project RS06 and said it was free to join up, I went right ahead. As soon as I logged in....it was an amazing feeling.

Watching the servers on a video is a totally different experience than actually playing the game yourself. It felt like I was going back 8 years. Played it for the 2 months that it was in existence. It had it's ups and downs, players leaving, random bannings, and even rumours of this being a "JaGex conspiracy". One day, the site was gone and redirected to "RuneFort". Read the post about how PRS06 was done on there.

Lmao Jake had also made a vid about "Project Destiny", a 2007 remake. I joined that, it was online all the way till a few months ago. A good year and a half. Played that for a long time but I really missed the 2006-feel of the game.

So, I typed in "2006 remake" and saw a vid of Rs-Remake. Played for a bit, wasn't much of a remake so I stopped, went back to PD07. A few months later, I went to the site just to see the old school-style website again. That was the one thing that I liked about Rs-Remake, the old school-style site. Looked at the Announcements section and saw that Plural had started a new project, this one.

Went to the site and signed up, the server had been online for a week or so. Soon as I logged in, Plural appeared next to me. Asked me how I liked the server. Told him it was nice and we chatted for a good hour through PM. We became good friends. Lots of drop-parties, over 30 people online all the time, peaking at 60-70. Lots of fun. Invited a close friend from Project Destiny to check it out. Summer came and went and we saw a steady decline of players and Plural's activity. We rarely saw him on, and when he was, he was mostly afking. Still, he always had time to chat with me and it was fun.

Quit for a bit, got kinda tired of playing 2006. Joined OSRS for about a month. It was okay, but I really wanted the 2006 feel so I quit again. Didn't play any server for quite a few months. Came back here 2 days ago. Everything had changed, new players, lots of players gone. That's it.

Thanks for reading my story, I have a lot more to offer but it'd take too long to read.

Peace guys. Smile
It was fun to read your stories, please don't hesitate to post more!

How I first met Rs2006, Rs-Remake and Rune2006:

I somehow found videos about a RuneScape remake called rs2007 on YouTube. I saw their site and found that it wasn't online yet. I checked several times a day and eventually got bored of waiting and forgot about it. Months later I remembered about it and went to check. I didn't remember what the url was. I tried searching for their YouTube videos and learnt that they had changed it to rs2006. I went on their site and browsed the forum every day. Months later I decided to create an account called "Dragonsun" so I could post as well.

I'd post on there for months and months until I saw a post by Angus telling us to try an RSPS called Rs-Remake, and so I did. I was surprised by the beautiful homepage, and immediately clicked play. Once I finally logged on along with other rs2006 users (one of them being Cobes26), we were all greeted by Plural. He wanted to make a video and so he did (click here to watch the video).

I was really addicted to Rs-Remake. After a few months however, I got bored of playing and only stayed for the community (which was great). I also lost interest in rs2006 which was now named 2006Scape. A while after 2006Scape had shutdown, Plural decided to bring Rune2006 to life. I was still around on Rs-Remake and his other RSPSs at that time, so he told me about it.
Oh, I forgot my Project RS06 story. Edited it into my post up there.^
Alright here's mine...

A long time ago, I was a ''litol boi'' in year 3, I was hooked on this game called Dragon Fable, I asked my friend to play with me, but for some reason we couldn't find each other in-game...

Turns out that the game wasn't multiplayer (baka), the next day my friend came shouting ''I FOUND A NEW GAME!'', so I asked my father to drive me to his house so I could play it with him.

He booted his computer up, and we started playing, I enjoyed it a lot.

I got home and asked my dad to make an account for me (I wasn't allowed to do it by myself back then), I remember that it was called Masterjack10...

I remember being stuck on tutorial island for at least a week, but my friend got me out of it and then my Runescape journey began.

Little did I know that 7 years later I'd still be playing a copy of that exact game.

SMH
Reference URL's