Rune2006

Full Version: UtoGon - previously Dragon World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: DIXdYjO.png]

January 27 2014
After a few hours working on the login code, I achieved making a succesful login with .txt reading, meaning the source reads the .txt file which only contains the password. I then made it so my source reads every line but it selects a line (example: line 5 out of line 600). After that I decided to revamp the code but this time without input-boxes, but like a normal game like lobby. I failed but this isn't letting me just quit. I decided to recode the whole game for my sakes. But in the mean time I am designing the items and npcs, (cache to be more precise). I want to start coding but the cache is needed in order to play, thus this can help me get more ideas for the game-play. After the basics of my game is done the same program I am using I will make a simple gamely website like this: coolmath4kids.com. The theme layout...

I am a very bad artist so if you want to make fun of me go ahead. I did this on my own, I didn't take this from the internet or anything. I looked at a couple of designs and looked at it for 5 seconds and remembered it. I then started it from scratch modifying it because I am the worst artist, again lol.
Currently 50* items excluding the shields.
http://i.imgur.com/t7W6Rhe.png

I just finished the character, it took me about 10 minutes I decided for days now how I wanted them to look. I decided to use my memory cap and use the old Pokemon look alike. Just finished the girl and boy. *SIGNATURE****

January 28-29 2014
Reworked the whole code and program. Started from scratch the 3rd time. I finally managed to get the login working, fixed the errors I had before where the program would keep saying your username has bad words(!, @, #, etc..) when you never had those bad words on the textbox. Also fix the error where an existing user can login with any password, another fix where no password would work, lolz... Last fix was the not reading if an account already existed, also if the account existed(Like RS).
  • When opened a splash screen appears.
  • 5 second timer, when 0 it opens the login screen.
  • When the login screen starts, so does the login music.
  • Added a timer where the background image changes every 10 seconds.
  • Proper login.
  • WILL WORK ON PASSWORD ENCRYPTING.

Here is a preview of the classic login
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/glv14ct4myxzyln...0Login.exe

Febuary 1 2014
Happy new month! While most of you are here on forums, or playing the game, I am sitting camping on forums but also programming UtoGon. I am happy to announce after 2 hours or so I have reworked the design view of the splash screen, login. I also started and finished the account appearance. I am going to start on the Tutorial and I have a general concept of what is planned. A few months ago we learned how to make picturebox's move with buttons(I believe, or I think it was some stupid timer that controlled the movement of the picturebox). So with this knowledge I started getting it ready, here is what I have so far.

[Image: fQb3hKt.png]

Please excuse the ugly code. I don't have time to simply make the code work since I don't know the locations of the corners. But the labels help me patch clipping Big Grin, also will be doing different locations like DragonWorld where you can head north, south, east or west, but mine will have cities routes(like pokemon and DragonWorld) and other things.[I]I will try to update daily, but it's hard when I want to make rsps(did today for 4 hours) but when I start coding this I feel so proud and can't wait until the finish product!

Febuary 2 2014
It's early in the morning and I just started programming. Earlier today I was looking at some games to get a more ideas on the gameplay. I just finished doing the FPS(Frames Per Second) and it's doing very well! I am sitting at around 63-65.
I'm sorry whats this exactly?
[Image: t7W6Rhe.png]
Fixed that for you

nice doughnut shield
(01-28-2014 08:01 AM)Micah Wrote: [ -> ][Image: t7W6Rhe.png]
Fixed that for you

nice doughnut shield

Thanks Micah, and thanks again lol. This is just classic, when I get better at designing which I will and learn more about VB then it will be better.

(01-28-2014 08:01 AM)Jad newb Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry whats this exactly?

It's a 2D- Text Based game, which will include fighting animations and sounds as well as game music.
They're not to bad. Make sure to smooth out the edges somewhat how you did on the bottom part of the sword's hilt bottom. Also try using other colors for outlining other than black as it stands out to much (unless the base color for that item is dark grey or similar), making the icon lose its potential sleek look. Try using darker shades of the color you're planning to use on that particular area of the icon. It will make the icons look more visually eye pleasing for sure. There's nothing wrong with taking some designs made by other people and modifying them. Maybe you could mix some of the designs you like the most and come up with your own original icons.
(01-28-2014 08:27 AM)Satiben Wrote: [ -> ]They're not to bad. Make sure to smooth out the edges somewhat how you did on the bottom part of the sword's hilt bottom. Also try using other colors for outlining other than black as it stands out to much (unless the base color for that item is dark grey or similar), making the icon lose its potential sleek look. Try using darker shades of the color you're planning to use on that particular area of the icon. It will make the icons look more visually eye pleasing for sure. There's nothing wrong with taking some designs made by other people and modifying them. Maybe you could mix some of the designs you like the most and come up with your own original icons.

Thanks for the feedback will fix the dagger and sword mostly. The reason why I didn't take the designs of others is because I suck anything with drawing and when I attempted to edit it I made it look like poop.

These are the base designs, In my opinion some items look sick when I look at the 50 items I just created.
Hmm interesting... Keep it up
(01-28-2014 12:23 PM)dsun Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm interesting... Keep it up

Thanks DSun!

Still going to use your Dragon world source code as a resource so donot take it out.
BUUUMUMUPPUPUPUPUPUPUP
hey, this actually looks good. Driman, you're an alright guy when you're not pissing everyone off Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's