Rune2006

Full Version: Rune2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey

I'm a former player of Rune2006 and from the earlier versions of the game itself. I'm Ingu. Some of you probably know me and I'm not going into this furtherly. I've been still holding the interest to the server, logged in once per two weeks or so...
I know, I'm not the only person who feels the death of the server, which had a bright future back in the days (the server had 30-50p online). AND, you all know, that was back then when the server had updates constantly.

Now, you're all like - what the hell am I trying to create right now?

I'm sad looking at the server, which had a really good potential to become one of the greatest remakes, to die. I'm basically here, to wake all of you up, who still are playing the server and are looking into it. Here's a little hint:
[Image: 94yIKZY.png]

That's not how it should look like, right?
1) What I'm gonna start off with, is that IF ANYONE OF YOU, knows a coder or so whoever, who could work on the server, try to invite him. One - Plural, is not enough. Lack of updates will drown the server.

2) KEEP ON MAKING THE VIDEOS! It's really important. People will get like ½ information of the server from YouTube, if it's proper and enjoyable. (the best would be some advertising videos, having the overview of server) For example, I found another remake and looked into the server. The server itself is not old at all, and it's playerbase is growing. That's what WE SHOULD DO instead of them.

3) VOTING - everyone, who is currently playing, please remind every day, that you should vote! This is the way to get higher and higher.

4) We need voting rewards - THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. People won't bother voting, if they won't get anything for it.

5) Invite your friends!

I spend so many good hours playing this game, when the server still had some people playing it and I want to relive it. That's why I'm here. That's why I want this server to get up on its feet again. Please, let's make it happen. I believe, you should too!

If anything is missed out or you wanna add, leave a comment.

Yours faithfully
Ingu
Hmm..

1) Point 1 isn't likely to happen, but is possible. I'd personally risk giving the server to a different owner and seeing how that turns out.

2) Definitely a great way to advertise and I believe this to be very efficient. But then the issue turns into getting them to stay on the server. (Which leads me back to the "No updates" argument.)

3) Agree.

4) Strongly agree. I remember arguing for this in a different thread. The pros outweigh the cons and this should be one of the top priorities for the server.

5) Goes without saying. Agree.

I admire your optimism. I'd really like to believe that this can be a growing community. However and unfortunately, I don't think it'll happen for obvious reasons. (Which have been discussed to a great extent on this forum.)
(04-28-2014 03:46 PM)Paper Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm..

1) Point 1 isn't likely to happen, but is possible. I'd personally risk giving the server to a different owner and seeing how that turns out.

2) Definitely a great way to advertise and I believe this to be very efficient. But then the issue turns into getting them to stay on the server. (Which leads me back to the "No updates" argument.)

3) Agree.

4) Strongly agree. I remember arguing for this in a different thread. The pros outweigh the cons and this should be one of the top priorities for the server.

5) Goes without saying. Agree.

I admire your optimism. I'd really like to believe that this can be a growing community. However and unfortunately, I don't think it'll happen for obvious reasons. (Which have been discussed to a great extent on this forum.)

Giving the server to a different owner is most likely the same as finding a new person who takes care of the servers' updates etc.
Second point should not have any issues of having them to stay in the server, if we have a playerbase which is growing.
...But we don't have a playerbase that's growing. And it won't start to grow because nothing happens around here. (And if it DOES start to grow it'll eventually drop back down to this state again unless things happen)
(04-29-2014 12:10 PM)Paper Wrote: [ -> ]...But we don't have a playerbase that's growing. And it won't start to grow because nothing happens around here. (And if it DOES start to grow it'll eventually drop back down to this state again unless things happen)

You do have a point there, but then, we all have to start working on it. But yeah, unless we don't have a proper coder, who works for the server improvements, we can't get far.
this won't get anywhere
nvm
rip
(05-01-2014 12:04 PM)Ingu Wrote: [ -> ]this won't get anywhere
nvm
rip

Dude you're really gonna give up...well at least you tried...
As I said, I'm glad to see you all still sticking around! Props to you Smile
Reference URL's