Rune2006
Alright, I think it's time to speak. - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Quitting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Alright, I think it's time to speak. (/showthread.php?tid=1301)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - Plural - 07-25-2013 04:05 AM

(07-25-2013 03:51 AM)RimLadders Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 10:29 PM)Plural Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 09:17 PM)Plural Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 09:07 PM)RimLadders Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 08:37 PM)Plural Wrote:  I don't have an afk timer so my account can sometimes afk for a few days. Yes, also when I am asleep.
I've coded 48 hours+ on the last updates only 10 days ago. 10 days ago is not a long time at all. Most MMORPG Games update around every 14 days.
I'm not the kind of person to do shitty updates everyday like some other remake projects would. If I make content I put effort and time in it. The duel arena for example. And when I do make small updates, that only take a few hours to do I won't bother making a post for it. The last updates where on the 19th of July, that's 4 days ago only!
Also about the version number. I have version numbers ranging up to 4.2.4.6 and so forth, just for me to be able to track my progress, however that number is always personal and I only change the real version number when I feel the new enough is accomplished to go a number up.

After that you say that I don't reply enough ingame. I've already made clear that I'm either coding or ingame. I asked both Tim and Micah to pass me anything the players ask that is of any importance. I also read my PMs regularly. Isn't that what everyone suggested in the thread "For Plural and the Community" ?

Now about the staff promotions: Yes, I've known Tim and Micah from my last project already. But for one, I know they will be loyal to me. They have gained my trust over time. As for Traveller, he got promoted as a normal player. Remember, they are not developers and don't know a lot about coding (at leats that's what I think). Thus why Tim is community admin and Micah is Player Mod (Like Traveller).
I don't know any of my staff IRL either.

Another thing: I do this and really, I get nothing in return. I myself have other activities as well. This is a hobby for me. Not my job, not my life either. It doesn't happen a lot that I find 50 hours or more in a week to code content.

Also for the future of the server:
I've been thinking of potentailly merging with another remake project who work with the same base (Of course all saves would be kept.) That way we can do updates faster.

On a side note: How is I am on vacation a shitty excuse? I can't code while I'm sitting on a beach in a foreign country without a good internet connection (to be abvle to be on for a few hours I already had to go to an internet cafe a few km further, and it costs money, of course...)

Also please note, I'm not trying to attack you in any way with this post. Just giving a reaction to your quitting thread.
I might be wrong on some stuff that I said, but on the vacation thingy, why won't you assign trustable devs? That would make your life easier, and you won't be fucked with players that says "Plural is the master afker" (including me). Just assign someone, someone who can help you with the server, a person, just like what I said from my post, a guy who's willing to help you till the end. I know that some rs remakes gets fucked with the untrustable developers but atleast 1 active god damn developer that can do more shit than what you do. And, I can prove that you're lazy on hard works, the quests, seriously? The whole fucking time since the server was made there's not even a single 1 inched penis'ed quest? Atleast the easiest quest that is ever made by Jagex is not even done? That just proves that you're lazy on hard works.
How doe sthat prove I am lazy in general.
You do 1 thing at a time. It's about the quest system first. After which the quests themselves come. People really wanted duel arena so I did that first...
Also finding good people to work with is really hard.
You see that in a lot of projects. In projectrs06 Frell betrayed the team.
In 2006scape Vayken did by making a backdoor. And so forth.
But did you read the end of my post? If I merge there will be more devs of course.
There, Cook's Assistant almost done now...
If one didn't quit, you won't be working on the quest.
Plus, since the starting of the server you haven't made a single quest until now? That's the point.

It isn't about the questcount, it is about the quest system.
Also I wasn't even working on quests.
Again, I don't even have to make excuses for not coding stuff. I am not obligated to code anything if I don't feel liek it. That's why it's a hobby. You are not my boss. I don't compell you to play this 10 hours a day either. After all, I coded loads of stuff before launching teh server as well. The point is you will ALWAYS be wanting new stuff. However much effort I put into this.

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - Kornslipkn - 07-25-2013 04:57 AM

You wouldn't say Plural is ''lazy'' or that he doesn't do enough if you knew the stress that this server puts on him.

Trust me when I say it, it's not pleasant at all Wink

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - TwentySeven - 07-31-2013 03:42 PM

(07-25-2013 04:05 AM)Plural Wrote:  
(07-25-2013 03:51 AM)RimLadders Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 10:29 PM)Plural Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 09:17 PM)Plural Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 09:07 PM)RimLadders Wrote:  I might be wrong on some stuff that I said, but on the vacation thingy, why won't you assign trustable devs? That would make your life easier, and you won't be fucked with players that says "Plural is the master afker" (including me). Just assign someone, someone who can help you with the server, a person, just like what I said from my post, a guy who's willing to help you till the end. I know that some rs remakes gets fucked with the untrustable developers but atleast 1 active god damn developer that can do more shit than what you do. And, I can prove that you're lazy on hard works, the quests, seriously? The whole fucking time since the server was made there's not even a single 1 inched penis'ed quest? Atleast the easiest quest that is ever made by Jagex is not even done? That just proves that you're lazy on hard works.
How doe sthat prove I am lazy in general.
You do 1 thing at a time. It's about the quest system first. After which the quests themselves come. People really wanted duel arena so I did that first...
Also finding good people to work with is really hard.
You see that in a lot of projects. In projectrs06 Frell betrayed the team.
In 2006scape Vayken did by making a backdoor. And so forth.
But did you read the end of my post? If I merge there will be more devs of course.
There, Cook's Assistant almost done now...
If one didn't quit, you won't be working on the quest.
Plus, since the starting of the server you haven't made a single quest until now? That's the point.

It isn't about the questcount, it is about the quest system.
Also I wasn't even working on quests.
Again, I don't even have to make excuses for not coding stuff. I am not obligated to code anything if I don't feel liek it. That's why it's a hobby. You are not my boss. I don't compell you to play this 10 hours a day either. After all, I coded loads of stuff before launching teh server as well. The point is you will ALWAYS be wanting new stuff. However much effort I put into this.

See that proves everything, I know this is a late post. But see you said " i wasn't even working on quests " that proves that you are not listening to the community. And yes, I am not your boss, but as a damn owner of a server, you should also listen to your community. See I respected you when you made the Duel Arena because people really needed it, but now you are not listening anymore Sad

(07-25-2013 04:57 AM)Kornslipkn Wrote:  You wouldn't say Plural is ''lazy'' or that he doesn't do enough if you knew the stress that this server puts on him.

Trust me when I say it, it's not pleasant at all Wink

If the server gave him stress, then why did he bother making it?

Btw, this is RimLadders' second account. :/

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - goody gamer - 08-30-2013 07:16 PM

You guys were fighting with rimladders? Hhahahahha.

He kept fighting with me Tongue. I think he likes trying to start arguments.

and no, I'm not coming back here or anything. I just like checking up on you guys ever once in a while.

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - Doyoy - 08-31-2013 01:08 AM

(08-30-2013 07:16 PM)goody gamer Wrote:  You guys were fighting with rimladders? Hhahahahha.

He kept fighting with me Tongue. I think he likes trying to start arguments.

and no, I'm not coming back here or anything. I just like checking up on you guys ever once in a while.
why doesn't anyone report him for reviving old topics -___-

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - galaxycore 2 - 08-31-2013 01:49 AM

well quests are extremely hard to code, half the time plural is coding for like hours on end you have to respect him for getting this far, tbh yea the updates are kinda slow but its always worth the wait
and plus have the rsps never make it this far were lucky we have this domain and a wonderful staff group witch is small but there very nice.. all i'm saying here is give him some credit and enjoy what he coded allready