Rune2006
On the Punishment of Players - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Report rule breakers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: On the Punishment of Players (/showthread.php?tid=1054)

Pages: 1 2

On the Punishment of Players - Ayden - 06-25-2013 01:03 AM

The reason people come and leave this server is mainly because of the lack of punishment being seen on the server. Driman's antics have proved to many that the majority of the community we have obtained during Rune2006's time cannot handle his abrasive attitude and people wanted him banned. The punishment for the way he acted was started solely by the community. They shunned him out of the game and showed him that he cannot continue to play the game acting the way he did.

Aside from Driman, the troll/idiot (I'm not sure which one he is either) there has been a lack of punishment. Sure we would like to live in a utopian society that revolves around good natured people but that is simply unrealistic. The reason that I left is because I was highly disappointed with the staff team and their god awful control they had over the community.

There is a set of rules here:
(http://rune2006.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=569)
which clearly state what is to be expected of individual players and I feel as though there is no need to follow these rules at all.

Examples:

Driman has provided the server a nuisance that we can't get rid of on our own. What has the staff done? Muted him for 4-12 hours... 4-12 TIMES. Obviously the message is not clear enough...

The most recent bug found, abused by Peetu Dsbeast P U R E and Aaron who found that alching Green d'hide chaps would give you 7.5k providing them with profits that sent them straight to the top of the richest players in the game. What has the staff done? Nothing.

-----------------

Personally I believe that the staff is purposely seeking to let players stay because of how small the community is, but seeing as it brings about a mindset that pushes players towards breaking the rules it isn't helping the server in the long run. To be quite honest, if I stay and play the game after seeing the inadequacies of this server and the staff team that supposedly "governs" it, I will abuse bugs, encourage others to break rules and break all of the other rules.

"Why Ayden? You seem like a level headed guy." That's the whole point. As a rational egoist, I am seeking to act in a way that most benefits my person. In other words, I am going to do anything in my way that will most greatly help myself. Seeing as their are no punishments for rule breakers and absolutely no repercussions for CHEATING, I don't see why we all don't.

"This is cruel and unusual. You're putting the server in a bad light. You don't know what you're talking about." It's cruel that the way this server is setup, we can not play Runescape properly. As for putting the server in a bad light, I am merely showing how much of a badlight it is already sitting under. Lastly, I do know what I'm talking about. I understand that Traveller can not ban people and I also understand that Plural doesn't know what he's doing, but if there isn't anyone to step in and say "You're throwing this away" then it will be dumped in the back of the trash truck just like every other server.

RE: On the Punishment of Players - dj tim dis - 06-25-2013 01:12 AM

I have to agree with you on every point. Nothing much i can say because it's already been said. Great thread

RE: On the Punishment of Players - Driman-Banned Ingame- - 06-25-2013 02:00 AM

I been muted 12 times, or more.

48 hours, 3 times, I already go the message.

RE: On the Punishment of Players - slayerz - 06-25-2013 02:03 AM

totally agree with everything said, now the players abusing these bugs pretty much control the servr it just makes everyon else feel crap, hense making them want to leave and quit...

RE: On the Punishment of Players - Driman-Banned Ingame- - 06-25-2013 02:08 AM

If i got reseted, they should too!

RE: On the Punishment of Players - Ruler Doug - 06-25-2013 02:10 AM

+1 rep for ayden. I seriously hope Plural gets to work soon, now that his exams are over. He's asking us to vote, but I don't feel comfortable bringing in new people, when they react to trolls like Driman, unfair wealth gaps, or numerous bugs/glitches and things still not coded.

RE: On the Punishment of Players - Ayden - 06-25-2013 02:32 AM

(06-25-2013 02:10 AM)Ruler Doug Wrote:  +1 rep for ayden. I seriously hope Plural gets to work soon, now that his exams are over. He's asking us to vote, but I don't feel comfortable bringing in new people, when they react to trolls like Driman, unfair wealth gaps, or numerous bugs/glitches and things still not coded.

You told me to write, so that's what I did...

I talked to plural on Skype and it seemed as though he thought things were fine...

I'd like to thank everyone for the support and the individual PMs, I really appreciate it.

RE: On the Punishment of Players - Kornslipkn - 06-25-2013 02:43 AM

Even after this thread (which is nothing but the solid truth) nothing will be done about trolls/bug abusers/cheaters/etc, it has always been like this and always will be, that's why most of us have learnt to just live with it Smile

Anyway, great thread Ayden!

RE: On the Punishment of Players - Paper - 06-25-2013 03:02 AM

(06-25-2013 02:00 AM)Driman Wrote:  I been muted 12 times, or more.

No. If you were muted 12 times or more you clearly don't get the fucking message man. You get muted weekly and say you understand what you're doing is damn annoying? No, just no.

RE: On the Punishment of Players - Ayden - 06-25-2013 03:45 AM

(06-25-2013 03:02 AM)Paper Wrote:  
(06-25-2013 02:00 AM)Driman Wrote:  I been muted 12 times, or more.

No. If you were muted 12 times or more you clearly don't get the fucking message man. You get muted weekly and say you understand what you're doing is damn annoying? No, just no.

But that is the whole point of the thread. The repercussions are not strong enough or getting the message across clearly enough that it fuels bad behavior. By not fitting punishments to the rules being broken, it fosters a community that will constantly break the rules and the make the game unpleasant for those who seek to play fairly.