Rune2006
[GRAPHIC] Police arrest man for filming raid, then shoot his dog in front of him - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: World News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: [GRAPHIC] Police arrest man for filming raid, then shoot his dog in front of him (/showthread.php?tid=1155)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: [GRAPHIC] Police arrest man for filming raid, then shoot his dog in front of him - dj tim dis - 07-08-2013 03:22 AM

it's a dangerous situation overall. He can't keep someone in custody and say "oh take care of you dog" and risk him potentially sicking his dog on the officers with him running away. Plus, you can't just pepper spray an animal who knows what'll happen. When you're an officer you have to make decisions on the spot and they had to do what they obviously had to do. Put yourself in their shoes and you'll understand completely.

RE: [GRAPHIC] Police arrest man for filming raid, then shoot his dog in front of him - drew - 07-08-2013 01:43 PM

shit man, terrible......
what a fag ass cop

RE: [GRAPHIC] Police arrest man for filming raid, then shoot his dog in front of him - cobes - 07-09-2013 04:06 AM

(07-08-2013 03:22 AM)dj tim Wrote:  it's a dangerous situation overall. He can't keep someone in custody and say "oh take care of you dog" and risk him potentially sicking his dog on the officers with him running away. Plus, you can't just pepper spray an animal who knows what'll happen. When you're an officer you have to make decisions on the spot and they had to do what they obviously had to do. Put yourself in their shoes and you'll understand completely.

I've looked at this from all 3 perspectives: the officer's, the dog owner's and the bystander's perspectives. And I hate to say, all 3 of them are at fault.

The officer did not have to shoot the dog. Pepper spray would have been disastrous, and tasering it would have settled it down for a short time so the owner or officers could move it back into the vehicle somehow before the shock wore off. They could have told its owner to control his dog, but being a police officer, these thoughts would be pushed away by more convenient/quicker ways to handle the situation.

The dog owner was provoking the officers to begin with. He drove by them slowly before he stepped out, and he was blaring loud music. And with his Rottweiler in the back, who wouldn't be intimidated at least a little? He was asking for a questioning, at the least. He did however try to get his dog under control during his arrest. In an interview he mentioned he was telling his dog 'no' and to get back.

The bystanders were blaring loud music the whole time and it seems they were encouraging something to happen between the cops and the dog owner. It was only until they saw the cops trying to shoot the dog when they thought the whole thing had blown out of proportion.

When you just watch the video and judge it without looking over it again, it looks very much like the cops are strictly the bad guys. But look it over a few more times and you can see the whole picture.

RE: [GRAPHIC] Police arrest man for filming raid, then shoot his dog in front of him - Roxfan202 - 07-10-2013 10:50 AM

Who the hell shoots a dog..?! they should be decapitated!!

RE: [GRAPHIC] Police arrest man for filming raid, then shoot his dog in front of him - Laux - 07-13-2013 11:33 AM

(07-10-2013 10:50 AM)Roxfan202 Wrote:  Who the hell shoots a dog..?! they should be decapitated!!

Don't just automatically think it's police brutality just because that's what the title says.. What would you do if there was an angry rottweiler running at you?

RE: [GRAPHIC] Police arrest man for filming raid, then shoot his dog in front of him - Aaron - 07-16-2013 03:12 PM

I would have gone ape shit if i was that guy and try to bash the cop that shot the dog

RE: [GRAPHIC] Police arrest man for filming raid, then shoot his dog in front of him - you - 07-26-2013 10:13 AM

This is why police officers shouldn't carry firearms..

First of all. there was multiple people recording this scene. why was there only one civilian arrested.

Secondly. It's a Dog. Any kind of Animal that has been raised well will of course will try and defend it's owner. the dog didn't know of the situation. the only thing that was running through the dogs head was oh.. he needs help. You would expect a dog that has been brought up well to defend their owner as mush as they can. If you didn't expect a dog to protect it's owner then that's like a mother not protecting her child.

The man clearly wasn't showing any sign of resistant. they could have just let the owner go to regain control of the dog and then arrest him after.

they had no right to do what they did.

RE: [GRAPHIC] Police arrest man for filming raid, then shoot his dog in front of him - ruthless 01 - 07-28-2013 04:29 PM

(07-16-2013 03:12 PM)Aaron Wrote:  I would have gone ape shit if i was that guy and try to bash the cop that shot the dog
i probs would've done the same. that shit was just brutal. there was no need for the dog to be shot. and for everyone saying aww the dog was a threat etc, like someone said it was trying to protect the owner and he was calming it down. it was just fucking wrong

RE: [GRAPHIC] Police arrest man for filming raid, then shoot his dog in front of him - Henning B - 07-28-2013 06:37 PM

personaly i hate animals.

RE: [GRAPHIC] Police arrest man for filming raid, then shoot his dog in front of him - galaxycore 2 - 08-25-2013 03:44 AM

to be honest i could never hurt a animal its just sad cause sometimes there like defenseless although if it were to bite or attack me i would