Rune2006
99 Thieving Guide - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Guides & Tutorials (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 99 Thieving Guide (/showthread.php?tid=1168)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

99 Thieving Guide - dj tim dis - 07-03-2013 10:52 AM

Well, i guess the time has arrived.. this is kinda long overdue.
Anyways welcome to the "Infamous Thieves Guide"!

Some important notes to keep in mind:
-Having a low combat level is easier to pickpocket because it's a single click. However, the risk of having low HP could result in you dying easier.
-You'll need lots of food for this whole procedure because you'll be getting hit A LOT.
-Getting 99 is going to require a lot of time, and patience, so i hope you're ready.
-Finally, you're going to make so much money from getting 99, and runes, that'll allow you to work on your other stats easier.
Last Note: This guide is based on everything i've done for 99, if you wanna steer your own way be my guest.

Beginning:

Level 1 thieving, well, all in all, this level sucks. You're going to go to ::home, or lumbridge, and start thieving from the men, or women. Be prepared because you're going to get hit a lot. Do this until level 5.

Level 5 - 20
You're going to go into Ardy, Ardougne, and go into the market stalls. You'll see a baker stall towards the silk stall that has a safe spot with crates around it. Stand in this spot and thieve cakes until 20, silk stalls which can be found around the corner.

Level 20-27: Like i said, you're going to steal from the thieve stalls, there happens to be two so you can get experience pretty quick. I did this until level 27 and when you reach this run over to Draynor.

Level 27 - 35: Unfortunately, this part is going to be slow experience but you can rack up a lot of seeds. You're going to steal from the wine, and seed stall, there's approximately three of them. When you finally reach 35 you're going to travel back to Ardougne to steal from the Fur stalls.

Level 35 - 38: This is where stalls get really.. really slow. Unforunately you have to grind through this until you reach 38 to steal from the Master Farmer. So, all in all, suck it up and get to level 38.

Level 38 - 40: Master farmer, which is located in Draynor, is a good NPC overall because he's a single click, gives stackable items, and the market guard won't bother with you. From this part on you're going to be doing pickpocketing from here on out so get used to it, buy lots of food, and enjoy.

Level 40: You'll be stealing from Guards, from here you could go from one of two ways. One, 40 - 42 and steal from Fish stalls, in Relekka until 55 or two, 40 - 55 and just steal from Guards until you reach Knights. Throughout these 15 levels you'll rack up tons of Gp that'll progressively add up to make your wealth. Grind through these 15 levels, you can do it.

Level 55-70: Knights of Ardougne, You'll obviously find them in Ardougne but these guys are a great milestone. WARNING: This is where a lot of people quit thieving because the leveling gets tedious and becomes boring very quick. Well, the truth is that pickpocketing is the quickest experience towards your levels, anything else would be slower. Make sure you have plenty of food and be sure to multi-task throughout training. Like watch a movie, talk to friends on skype, etc.

Level 70 - 75: Well, the time is here, the long waiting and training is going to pay off. Paladins, located in Ardougne, are a great NPC to steal from because they give you coins and chaos runes. Unfortunately they hit really high, 5, per failed attempt. Grind through these levels and meet me at the Grand Tree.

Level 75 - 80: Gnomes, level 1. Unfortunately, regardless of what combat level you are you're going to have to double click. However, there's plenty of positives from stealing these NPCs. Gnomes only hit ones per failed attempt, give you gold ore, give fire orbs, and other useless items, and have a bank accessable right next to them. Pretty much it's a good way to train and to make quick cash! Do these until level 80 and meet me back in Ardy.

Level 80 - 99: Heros! Yes, the famous heros that everyone dreams to thieve from are finally at your fingertips. These guys are fun because they hit less than paladins, 4, and give you very good items!
Heros give:
uncut diamonds, gold ore, fire orbs, blood runes, death runes, and GP

This is the final home stretch, even though you'll need 12million experience until 99, it should be fun for you. You're going to rack up lots of items and cash throughout this whole procedure! Have fun and kick back and rack up the money, and the experience. Maybe i'll see someone else reach 99 thieving. i'll be really proud of someone does!

Well this is an end to my guide, enjoy and have fun!

RE: 99 Thieving Guide - Paper - 07-03-2013 11:41 AM

Good guide! But I highly doubt anybody other than you is going to get 99 thieving. =P

RE: 99 Thieving Guide - kyon - 07-07-2013 11:13 AM

Nice guide ^.^

RE: 99 Thieving Guide - Aaron - 07-07-2013 06:37 PM

YES I CAN DO IT!

RE: 99 Thieving Guide - Fate003142 - 07-07-2013 09:19 PM

Nice Guide DJ Tim!

RE: 99 Thieving Guide - Waddup - 07-07-2013 11:39 PM

Nice guide, recommending it to all my friends that i have in the game, thanks for this guide.

RE: 99 Thieving Guide - Roxfan202 - 07-10-2013 04:40 AM

Nice guide, but jeez this will take long! Tongue

RE: 99 Thieving Guide - cojack - 07-10-2013 07:12 PM

the day i actually reach 70+ thieving Tongue

RE: 99 Thieving Guide - Travellerr - 07-14-2013 08:43 AM

Isn't a 99 13m exp instead of 12m?
Add some pictures, overall this guide is hella good and it's not just some copied guide which is posted on all servers..
I like it alot! Very nice

RE: 99 Thieving Guide - Aaron - 07-15-2013 04:00 AM

(07-14-2013 08:43 AM)Travellerr Wrote:  Isn't a 99 13m exp instead of 12m?
Add some pictures, overall this guide is hella good and it's not just some copied guide which is posted on all servers..
I like it alot! Very nice

its the same amount of exp from level 1-73 or something which is like 13.1m