Rune2006
Getting more people on here - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Getting more people on here (/showthread.php?tid=1272)

Getting more people on here - Ruler Doug - 07-17-2013 05:53 AM

Okay. I really like this server. But its getting boring now that some people are leaving and we aren't refilling their spots with more people. The player count has been going down each day. Yes, I know its important that we vote, and every new player should be informed of this fact immediately.

An idea would be that everyone could also automatically be reminded as an in game notification every hour or so so go on forums and vote.

Also, I would suggest some people going on the real runescape, or 2007 if they have accounts, and advertising our server. Who cares if it is breaking rules. I bet there are lots of people who don't know anything about other servers and lists like the ones we vote for. I didn't.

Plural maybe if you could make the rune2006 entry on runelocus and mmorpg more attractive? Not that its not but maybe put some caps, or like ~RUNE2006~ some shit like that idk its up to you.

Anymore suggestions or feedback reply to this.

RE: Getting more people on here - p u r e - 07-17-2013 06:01 AM

ill hop on 07scape , and advert us, once plural gives me the all clear

RE: Getting more people on here - Ruler Doug - 07-17-2013 06:57 AM

everyone we're all on world 3 varrock center atm

RE: Getting more people on here - Waddup - 07-17-2013 09:05 AM

first of all, that messenge should be really annoying, espesially when you join you get 10 people spamming your pm with it, second of all its not even breaking rules of runescape its also that jagex now has proof of us advertising our server and probaly shuts it down thanks alot but the 3rd suggestion i like.

RE: Getting more people on here - Aaron - 07-17-2013 11:16 PM

It is ok to invite your friends off runescape not to advertise not that jagex will notice this but it will spark several issues. I suggest adding a youtube channel posting on yt vids about the server ::vote command ::highscores command or at least add a link on forum to highscores and getting Tim to help code and having a update log with what you plan to do each week and maybe do what 2006scape had with the red orange and green colours over certain skills or quests. Also making micah a forum mod

RE: Getting more people on here - Killuminati - 07-18-2013 01:47 PM

So i didnt see this post but i made another thread by accident so ill just copy and paste what i wrote
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently our player count has dramatically dropped. There are a few reasons for this.

1). People are joining 2007 "Old School" Runescape
2). Not finding much entertainment with such a small crowd of people
3). School, work, etc.

There has to be something we can do to fix this, first off MAKE SURE TO VOTE EVERY DAY (or every 12 hours to be exact).

Also, at the top of the page there is no "play" button (on the forums part atleast) this may be a bit confusing for newcomers. If there could be a tab for the play option and link up the webclient to it, it would be perfect.

We can also create trailers, so off the great things that this server has to offer! Create videos that will bring back some nostalgia for people looking through youtube. Show off things such as the working duel arena, barrows, etc.

I STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST ADVERTISING ON OTHER SERVERS. This will make us look bad and people will log on just to trash our server.

RE: Getting more people on here - Ruler Doug - 07-18-2013 09:45 PM

(07-18-2013 01:47 PM)Killuminati Wrote:  Also, at the top of the page there is no "play" button (on the forums part atleast) this may be a bit confusing for newcomers. If there could be a tab for the play option and link up the webclient to it, it would be perfect.

YES. @plural get on this. Looking through the forums for a download link may a turn off for newcomers

RE: Getting more people on here - Aaron - 07-19-2013 08:01 PM

needs a proper team.

RE: Getting more people on here - Electric - 07-20-2013 03:06 AM

I don't agree with the 'Advertising' on OSRS.

RE: Getting more people on here - Botting4day - 07-21-2013 07:02 AM

I'm back at least!

I hope that if I start streamin sometimes again it'll encourage people to stick around Wink