Rune2006
Alright, I think it's time to speak. - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Quitting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Alright, I think it's time to speak. (/showthread.php?tid=1301)

Pages: 1 2 3

Alright, I think it's time to speak. - RimLadders - 07-23-2013 04:33 AM

I think it's safe to say now that I am quitting the server.
Why?: Because the server just gets boring and boring without updates, I mean c'mon! Back on May when I joined it was Version 4 until now it's still Version 4 with no god damn quests! And some of you might say, "Oh, quest are shit it's not goooooood" but to me, quests are one of the best things on Runescape. It challenges you to complete hard tasks, motivates you to level up your skill to get to the next quest, and also gives you free shit when you finish the quest.
But put it on mind that the lack of quests are not the reason that I am quitting, it's just the lack of updates.

The reason why we are not getting a bigger playerbase is because players complains about the lack of updates the server is getting to. I mean what the fuck? Plural gets on the server and afks the whole god damn time he is online. And when he doesn't get online for a long time and get asked why, he makes shitty excuses like "I'm on vacation" or "I'm having my exams", I know that it's true he had his exams but the problem is, why won't he fucking assign another developer? I know some won't be trustable like what happened on other popular remakes but assign a guy who you trust by your heart and you know that he will never, ever break your trust. (Holyyy shit it's going to be a rant guys.) Your staffs also are also not doing their job (Not 100% sure) like Micah, is he developing? No then why is she an Admin, she should just be a moderator. I know why you made him admin, it's because he's your friend. See that's the problem of the owner's of a server now, they promote players to admin because it's their real life friends and so, but you won't know what will happen when he gets the power to be an admin. See some of your staff are not active or even if they're active, they don't respond. Damn.

Alright off to the rant, I hope you, Plural will just listen to the players and just stop being a douche afk, or if you want to afk the whole fucking time, then atleast assign a trusted person you know that won't be inactive for a fucking year.

Alright, that's it. And sorry about the my older quitting post that I made back then, feel free to delete that one, I don't want to be a driman.

And I forgot to say, almost all my old friends are not here anymore and that's also 1 reason why I am quitting. :/

Okay, I will miss you all, I hope that I will see you guys again sometime.
I will miss Plural a lot Tongue.
Peace Out

(There might still be a chance of me coming back to the server, maybe when I feel like to come back or when server is almost finished.

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - Aaron - 07-23-2013 05:23 AM

RIP server

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - dj tim dis - 07-23-2013 06:41 AM

i respect your thread, however, you have a few mistakes. 1) Micah isn't an admin, he's a mod. Plus, he's always active, whether it be on forums or in-game. 2) I'm an admin, the reason why you don't see me active is because i got the "no response from server" glitch so i have to wait until it comes back on. 3) yes, we are plurals friends, but, we're also his trusted players from his first server and remain loyal. I will agree with the lack of updates and many other things you mentioned.

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - Micah - 07-23-2013 08:36 AM

(07-23-2013 06:41 AM)dj tim Wrote:  i respect your thread, however, you have a few mistakes. 1) Micah isn't an admin, he's a mod. Plus, he's always active, whether it be on forums or in-game. 2) I'm an admin, the reason why you don't see me active is because i got the "no response from server" glitch so i have to wait until it comes back on. 3) yes, we are plurals friends, but, we're also his trusted players from his first server and remain loyal. I will agree with the lack of updates and many other things you mentioned.

This.

and btw Rimmladders i'm not a "She" either.

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - Aaron - 07-23-2013 03:28 PM

(07-23-2013 08:36 AM)Micah Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 06:41 AM)dj tim Wrote:  i respect your thread, however, you have a few mistakes. 1) Micah isn't an admin, he's a mod. Plus, he's always active, whether it be on forums or in-game. 2) I'm an admin, the reason why you don't see me active is because i got the "no response from server" glitch so i have to wait until it comes back on. 3) yes, we are plurals friends, but, we're also his trusted players from his first server and remain loyal. I will agree with the lack of updates and many other things you mentioned.

This.

and btw Rimmladders i'm not a "She" either.

Also thought u were a girl for a bit tbh

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - Henning B - 07-23-2013 07:25 PM

lack of updates, comon cut him some slack on his previous server he used a year to move a npc.

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - p u r e - 07-23-2013 07:33 PM

what henning said bahahahahhahahaha

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - Plural - 07-23-2013 08:37 PM

I don't have an afk timer so my account can sometimes afk for a few days. Yes, also when I am asleep.
I've coded 48 hours+ on the last updates only 10 days ago. 10 days ago is not a long time at all. Most MMORPG Games update around every 14 days.
I'm not the kind of person to do shitty updates everyday like some other remake projects would. If I make content I put effort and time in it. The duel arena for example. And when I do make small updates, that only take a few hours to do I won't bother making a post for it. The last updates where on the 19th of July, that's 4 days ago only!
Also about the version number. I have version numbers ranging up to 4.2.4.6 and so forth, just for me to be able to track my progress, however that number is always personal and I only change the real version number when I feel the new enough is accomplished to go a number up.

After that you say that I don't reply enough ingame. I've already made clear that I'm either coding or ingame. I asked both Tim and Micah to pass me anything the players ask that is of any importance. I also read my PMs regularly. Isn't that what everyone suggested in the thread "For Plural and the Community" ?

Now about the staff promotions: Yes, I've known Tim and Micah from my last project already. But for one, I know they will be loyal to me. They have gained my trust over time. As for Traveller, he got promoted as a normal player. Remember, they are not developers and don't know a lot about coding (at leats that's what I think). Thus why Tim is community admin and Micah is Player Mod (Like Traveller).
I don't know any of my staff IRL either.

Another thing: I do this and really, I get nothing in return. I myself have other activities as well. This is a hobby for me. Not my job, not my life either. It doesn't happen a lot that I find 50 hours or more in a week to code content.

Also for the future of the server:
I've been thinking of potentailly merging with another remake project who work with the same base (Of course all saves would be kept.) That way we can do updates faster.

On a side note: How is I am on vacation a shitty excuse? I can't code while I'm sitting on a beach in a foreign country without a good internet connection (to be abvle to be on for a few hours I already had to go to an internet cafe a few km further, and it costs money, of course...)

Also please note, I'm not trying to attack you in any way with this post. Just giving a reaction to your quitting thread.

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - RimLadders - 07-23-2013 09:07 PM

(07-23-2013 08:37 PM)Plural Wrote:  I don't have an afk timer so my account can sometimes afk for a few days. Yes, also when I am asleep.
I've coded 48 hours+ on the last updates only 10 days ago. 10 days ago is not a long time at all. Most MMORPG Games update around every 14 days.
I'm not the kind of person to do shitty updates everyday like some other remake projects would. If I make content I put effort and time in it. The duel arena for example. And when I do make small updates, that only take a few hours to do I won't bother making a post for it. The last updates where on the 19th of July, that's 4 days ago only!
Also about the version number. I have version numbers ranging up to 4.2.4.6 and so forth, just for me to be able to track my progress, however that number is always personal and I only change the real version number when I feel the new enough is accomplished to go a number up.

After that you say that I don't reply enough ingame. I've already made clear that I'm either coding or ingame. I asked both Tim and Micah to pass me anything the players ask that is of any importance. I also read my PMs regularly. Isn't that what everyone suggested in the thread "For Plural and the Community" ?

Now about the staff promotions: Yes, I've known Tim and Micah from my last project already. But for one, I know they will be loyal to me. They have gained my trust over time. As for Traveller, he got promoted as a normal player. Remember, they are not developers and don't know a lot about coding (at leats that's what I think). Thus why Tim is community admin and Micah is Player Mod (Like Traveller).

Another thing: I do this and really, I get nothing in return. I myself have other activities as well. This is a hobby for me. Not my job, not my life either. It doesn't happen a lot that I find 50 hours or more in a week to code content.

I've been thinking of potentailly merging with another remake project who work with the same base (Of course all saves would be kept.) That way we can do updates faster.

On a side note: How is I am on vacation a shitty excuse? I can't code while I'm sitting on a beach in a foreign country without a good internet connection (to be abvle to be on for a few hours I already had to go to an internet cafe a few km further, and it costs money, of course...)

Also please note, I'm not trying to attack you in any way with this post. Just giving a reaction to your quitting thread.
I might be wrong on some stuff that I said, but on the vacation thingy, why won't you assign trustable devs? That would make your life easier, and you won't be fucked with players that says "Plural is the master afker" (including me). Just assign someone, someone who can help you with the server, a person, just like what I said from my post, a guy who's willing to help you till the end. I know that some rs remakes gets fucked with the untrustable developers but atleast 1 active god damn developer that can do more shit than what you do. And, I can prove that you're lazy on hard works, the quests, seriously? The whole fucking time since the server was made there's not even a single 1 inched penis'ed quest? Atleast the easiest quest that is ever made by Jagex is not even done? That just proves that you're lazy on hard works.

RE: Alright, I think it's time to speak. - Plural - 07-23-2013 09:17 PM

(07-23-2013 09:07 PM)RimLadders Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 08:37 PM)Plural Wrote:  I don't have an afk timer so my account can sometimes afk for a few days. Yes, also when I am asleep.

I might be wrong on some stuff that I said, but on the vacation thingy, why won't you assign trustable devs? That would make your life easier, and you won't be fucked with players that says "Plural is the master afker" (including me). Just assign someone, someone who can help you with the server, a person, just like what I said from my post, a guy who's willing to help you till the end. I know that some rs remakes gets fucked with the untrustable developers but atleast 1 active god damn developer that can do more shit than what you do. And, I can prove that you're lazy on hard works, the quests, seriously? The whole fucking time since the server was made there's not even a single 1 inched penis'ed quest? Atleast the easiest quest that is ever made by Jagex is not even done? That just proves that you're lazy on hard works.
How doe sthat prove I am lazy in general.
You do 1 thing at a time. It's about the quest system first. After which the quests themselves come. People really wanted duel arena so I did that first...
Also finding good people to work with is really hard.
You see that in a lot of projects. In projectrs06 Frell betrayed the team.
In 2006scape Vayken did by making a backdoor. And so forth.
But did you read the end of my post? If I merge there will be more devs of course.