Rune2006
Sup babes <3 - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Sup babes <3 (/showthread.php?tid=1366)

Sup babes <3 - Varrocks - 07-31-2013 08:52 PM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop in and post an intro. Not too good at making 'em, but I guess this'll have to do: I miss the 2006 era (didn't know how much I missed it 'till I watched the 2006Scape trailer). Unfortunately, I never really got to playing 2006Scape, but I did jump on the bandwagon with everyone on Project RS06. It was fun while it lasted, tried out a couple other servers afterwards, but it wasn't the same. I've been on this server before, a very long time ago, so I do know some of you though you may or may not remember me. If you ask nicely, I might even be willing to let you know my previous name Big Grin

Well, hope to see y'all in-game, whenever that'll be. Add me if you like, I'm always up for a good chat.

Peace.

RE: Sup babes <3 - Micah - 07-31-2013 09:24 PM

Hey! Welcome back.

RE: Sup babes <3 - Electric - 08-01-2013 06:34 AM

Hello, welcome.

RE: Sup babes <3 - Doyoy - 08-01-2013 12:57 PM

welcome back babe <3

RE: Sup babes <3 - Paper - 08-01-2013 06:31 PM

Hey welcome. =)
Whatever happened to ProjectRS06 anyways? I stopped playing when the servers started having huge lag spikes.

RE: Sup babes <3 - Varrocks - 08-01-2013 08:51 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, means alot. Smile

To answer your question Paper, Project RS06 lost a lot of players after OSRS was released. KO9 realized that he wasn't going to be making any more profit from the server, so he bailed. He left Si Force as the head of Project RS06. Pompano (the one who paid a huge portion of the costs for the server) bailed as well and Si Force was left to try and find a suitable head for the server as he himself had school and other duties. Finding none, he was forced to close the website and the server. He mentioned that a developer of Project RS06, who wasn't given time to really develop anything, has the most recent version of the source and will be developing it on his spare time. Not sure if he plans to release the finished source for others to use, or if he'll just dump it and that'll be the last anyone has heard of PRS06.

A shame really, it was a decent server. I've got my hopes on this server though, hopefully it'll go far. Farther than 2006Scape or PRS06 ever went. Smile

RE: Sup babes <3 - Paper - 08-02-2013 11:51 AM

Oh. I see. Fairly certain that developer is just going to dump the source. =(

RE: Sup babes <3 - Plural - 08-02-2013 01:33 PM

(08-02-2013 11:51 AM)Paper Wrote:  Oh. I see. Fairly certain that developer is just going to dump the source. =(

Well actually, I still had one of the versions of Projectrs06 to work with.
(not the latest, but not the oldest either).