Rune2006
ASMR - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: ASMR (/showthread.php?tid=1441)

ASMR - Micah - 08-11-2013 12:10 PM

So i've been enjoying this thing called ASMR for about a year now, because that's how long i've known about it. It's a great thing some people have but can't explain / Don't know other people have it.

Taken from the Wikipedia article:

"Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a neologism for a recently described perceptual phenomenon characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, back, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, olfactory, and/or cognitive stimuli."

In other words, certain sounds and visual things trigger a pleasurable feeling in your head or around your body. I can describe it as a "Braingasm" or "Brain tingles"

Some people can have the effects of ASMR, some can't / can't find a trigger.

Personally, whispering, camera brushing, and gum chewing triggers it for me. I've had tingles so intense i've almost passed out with these.

If you're interested in seeing if you have any triggers just try any of these videos. (Note: Relax and close your eyes when listening to these, if you're not relaxed, they probably won't work!)

Also there's plenty of ASMR videos on Youtube, just type in ASMR and look for something that triggers you!

[Note: Some of these things seem weird to anyone who doesn't experience it, that doesn't mean it's bad and you need to flame it.]

Triggers i've heard that work:

Various role-playing scenarios.
Gum chewing
Whispering into ear
Brushing microphone
Unboxing packages
Crinkling paper
Fingernails on cardboard type boxes
Plastics
Binaural hair-cut
Binaural head massage
Latex gloves
Pages turning
Scratching and tapping
Sound of leather jackets moving.

If you do find out ASMR works for you, great! just don't do it too much, it's not dangerous or anything, but the tingles will feel less intense. I've done it everyday for 1 month before and they eventually stopped. Went ahead and waited another month and it's back again!

RE: ASMR - Paper - 08-11-2013 04:48 PM

(08-11-2013 12:10 PM)Micah Wrote:  Crinkling paper
Pls no =(

And "Braingasm" Lol.

RE: ASMR - Fhum - 08-11-2013 07:11 PM

kill niggers

RE: ASMR - Micah - 08-11-2013 11:32 PM

(08-11-2013 07:11 PM)Fhum Wrote:  I've experienced this my entire life, i just didn't know there was such a thing called ASMR. Most of these sounds make me feel extremely relaxed, it tickles my whole brain and in some cases, make me fall asleep.

I'm glad you know now! I certainly was when I found out

RE: ASMR - Kornslipkn - 08-11-2013 11:59 PM

Sometimes I hear a song and it's so good that my whole body starts tingling and a sudden wave of ''pleasure'' appears.

RE: ASMR - Electric - 08-12-2013 03:26 AM

Why is it that only girls are doing this... or mostly girls...

RE: ASMR - Micah - 08-12-2013 03:34 AM

(08-12-2013 03:26 AM)Electric Wrote:  Why is it that only girls are doing this... or mostly girls...

They have gentler voices for the most part.