Rune2006
New Players Guide. - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Guides & Tutorials (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Players Guide. (/showthread.php?tid=1452)

New Players Guide. - Doyoy - 08-19-2013 12:19 PM

Okay, So being a new player really sucks. Plus it's really hard to make money, so i guess that i should make a guide for this too because many of the new players get kind of frustrated. Why do they get frustrated? because they come directly from spawn servers or easy servers and they don't know what working hard is. But i'll show you don't worry guys Tongue

As we all know we start out with nothing. But that's okay, because it doesn't matter. So what we want to do is make money first before we can actually buy our armour and equipment to kill dragons for a good sum of money. So you can head over back to the guides and check out my Woodcutting Guide V1. Shows you how to start with money making. So if your here, you need to have atleast some equipment. You can train any type of combat at goblins nearby ::home. Once you get to 20 then make your way to cows. I recommend this to new players because theres always someone who wants to buy cowhide. I've sold cowhides 150gp ea before, and it takes about 2-3 hours to get 1,000 cowhide. The higher level you have, the less time. It will take you way longer if you choose to afk train it but that's all on you. If no ones is buying for 100gp or more, don't sell it. Keep it for a couple of hours or a day, and i'm sure someone will come up.

I recommend you to sell it for 100gp ea. This, i think is one of the best methods beside merching for New Players or low levels. However one should not think that this should be the main source of income because it's boring and the money is not all that great when you could be making 250-300k an hour. So this should only be for you to use up until you hit 40 ranged. Once you hit 40 ranged sell all your cowhide or use your money and buy Green d hide chaps & Green D hide vambs. Also you can buy a magic bow for 50 ranged, but that's up to you if you have enough money. Now you can buy ranged arrows at varrock from Lowe's shop. Although it's a little tedious buying the arrows, but that's your problem if you chose ranged. You can buy cooked food off noobs who sell it to you.
I bought 300 trout and 200 salmon. Trout goes for around 20gp ea and salmon 30gp. Trust me, your not gonna use all of it. MY AIM IS ALWAYS TO TRAIN AND MAKE MONEY AT THE SAME TIME. So what i like to do is go to skeletons in edgville doungeon which drop the following : Rune Kiteshield (goes from 250k-300k) Sheild Left Half (50k-100k)
Clue scrolls (doesn't work, but that's okay because it'll get coded soon) Uncuts (sell from 200gp - 500gp ea and it drops frequently) Loop Half of crystal key ( Can sell to other players or keep it to make the full key to open rewards chest) And drops other small fry stuff like 20 air runes at a time etc.

[Image: Upload1.png]

The Rune kite and Dragon left Half might be rare, but you make a good amout of cash selling the drops. I trained from level 40-50 and got Dragon sheild left half 3 Loop Keys, a rune kite and 70k worth of uncuts. So yeah, it's not too bad.
The only reason were doing this now is because we want to be ready to kill green dragons and stuff.
[Image: Green_dragons_near_DWF_location.png]
This is where dragons are located ^^ it might not be a 2006 map but it tells you how to get to it. Now green dragons drop many things, such a rune armour mithril hatchet dragon left/right peices and dragon items. They always drop dragon bones and green dragon hide which can be sold at 1.5-2k ea. Yes you get about 3k for each dragon you kill. It takes about 30 seconds or less to kill a dragon. 6k a minute. Now were talking money. See what i mean? the higher level, the more income. Now you don't want to do cowhide anymore, do you? Hehe. Anyways, that's 1 way for a new player to make money and to level up at the same time. Remember, dragons drop the best items. The higher level dragon, the better drop. The king black dragon is the hardest to kill, and don't even try to solo it because it takes an invo of food just to kill it and you have to be like level 110+. Atleast on real runescape you have to. And i recommend green dragon at about level 50 ranged/40 mage/ 60 str attack. There's also a safespot for it, and i 100% recommend this safe spot unless you have 60 defence, attack, and str.
Thanks for reading my guide. Please give me feedback and recommend stuff like for example more pictures, more time given, etc etc. If you guys like my two guides i will make more. You can request a guide from me in the guide section and 100% i will see it because i'm always on the fourms. Rest assure that i make the most detailed guides because i've been playing runescape for a long time.
Anyways, thanks <3
p.s check out my woodcutting guide and give feedback there too if want.

RE: New Players Guide. - Paper - 08-19-2013 12:47 PM

That screenshot...
In a few days I'll probably make a guide on how to take decent screenshots.

More pictures please though. Show us where cows and Lowe's shop is.

RE: New Players Guide. - Micah - 08-19-2013 01:54 PM

Format it a bit, hard on the eyes Tongue

RE: New Players Guide. - Doyoy - 08-20-2013 10:40 PM

Bump.