Rune2006
Reasons For People Not being able to connect. - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Game Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Reasons For People Not being able to connect. (/showthread.php?tid=1462)

Reasons For People Not being able to connect. - AzrialTide - 08-16-2013 12:52 AM

Well i have a Theory and if the owner would like to check into it it would be great.

Where ever your hosting from might possibly be Black-Listing Ip Addresses.
Causing people to not get a response from the server.

My reason is if you change your IP Address you can connect again.

RE: Reasons For People Not being able to connect. - Doyoy - 08-16-2013 01:09 AM

probably...

RE: Reasons For People Not being able to connect. - AzrialTide - 08-16-2013 01:12 AM

its funny i posted this then you mentioned it xD

RE: Reasons For People Not being able to connect. - AzrialTide - 08-16-2013 05:06 AM

Is there anyway to check into it plural?

RE: Reasons For People Not being able to connect. - Doyoy - 08-17-2013 11:21 PM

NOOO! he is the afk master. just so you know, he can never go through a whole 3 minnute convo without afk. And it takes forever to get his attention. Gl with asking him. Though he might answer you fast if you pm on the fourms because he's always on that!

RE: Reasons For People Not being able to connect. - Plural - 08-18-2013 08:27 AM

(08-16-2013 12:52 AM)AzrialTide Wrote:  Well i have a Theory and if the owner would like to check into it it would be great.

Well since the site and gameserver are on the same server machine, I don't know really. There is a ddos protection shield which may block ips nif they do too much at the same time. But still, mlost people with ingame problems can still post on the site. So I don't know really, it's a hard one.

RE: Reasons For People Not being able to connect. - Jenove - 08-18-2013 08:55 AM

(08-17-2013 11:21 PM)Doyoy Wrote:  NOOO! he is the afk master. just so you know, he can never go through a whole 3 minnute convo without afk. And it takes forever to get his attention. Gl with asking him. Though he might answer you fast if you pm on the fourms because he's always on that!

I quite disagree Tongue except for the afk master part Big Grin

RE: Reasons For People Not being able to connect. - AzrialTide - 08-20-2013 11:14 AM

(08-18-2013 08:27 AM)Plural Wrote:  
(08-16-2013 12:52 AM)AzrialTide Wrote:  Well i have a Theory and if the owner would like to check into it it would be great.

Well since the site and gameserver are on the same server machine, I don't know really. There is a ddos protection shield which may block ips nif they do too much at the same time. But still, mlost people with ingame problems can still post on the site. So I don't know really, it's a hard one.

Hmm then its got to be server code for the connection. could you do me a favor? delete my character from the data and let me know if/when you do it so i can try connecting. i dont know if you have a isconnected variable/check or anything of the sort. if so there is a good possibility that is causing an issue. i would love to do a ping test of the server ip to make sure the packets are getting through.

yes as you may have noticed i do have some knowledge of computers. so id love to help figure out the issue if possible so me and other players don't get discouraged from playing due to having to use a proxy. (which makes skype not work correctly)

Has to be Server sided or Client (as in the source) i opened rune2006 webclient on a brand new computer never played on it before and still cant connect.

So some sort of check is failing when trying to connect well at least thats what i think at this point