Rune2006
Coding - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Coding (/showthread.php?tid=1481)

Coding - Electric - 08-19-2013 12:51 AM

Recently I've been wanting to learn some coding, I'm doing a course for Visual Basics 2010 and I'm almost done with it. But I tried another coding language called C++ cause i wanna start coding some simple games. But its really hard to find a good tutorial, so does anyone have any tips for finding an online course to start learning a coding language that is used to make games for absolute beginners?

Also is Visual Basics 2010 a good coding language to make any simple games with itself alone without any extensions?

Give me some tips on other coding programs so i can start off, thanks!

RE: Coding - Botting4day - 08-20-2013 11:45 AM

Games are a whole different matter to tackle. If you are truly interested in coding you're gonna want to focus on the basics first for a solid bit.

As for VB being a good platform for video game development, I'd recommend against it.

Continue your VB learning because it will teach you the fundamentals of programming pretty well. It lets you create simple GUI (graphical user interface) applications.

Back in 2005-2006 when I took my VB course, my midterm was to make a rock-paper-scissors program. I enhanced it with some image swapping and made it look like there was a rolling animation for the computer's choice. It was pretty fun Smile so you CAN make some basic games but nothing graphically intensive ... unless if you find & import some sort of graphics library .... but I ramble! If you plan to make simple games to learn, make board games like checkers, chess, connect 4.

RE: Coding - AzrialTide - 08-20-2013 11:49 AM

What botting says is true Also Vb.net is A HOG! (MicroSoftie What do you expect) i Started dabbling when i was younger i started with C++ then to WebDesign then VB.net then VB6 then onto java. well thats about as much input as i can give on this topic so far.

Games Take More than one person because it isnt just slapping code together and you have a full blown game

you need modeling sound Logic Ai physics. all sorts of stuff. (not trying to discourage you just wanted to make sure you knew)