Rune2006
abuse of the skeleton clue - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Game Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: abuse of the skeleton clue (/showthread.php?tid=1506)

Pages: 1 2

abuse of the skeleton clue - p u r e - 08-22-2013 03:33 PM

i would like to see u remove this plural.
it is causing WAY. to many rares into game due to people like zerk0ff and kratos abusing it. if this is left this way we will have even more unearned rares into game.

afew rares that ik have been got from it so far are:
2x rune g kite
1x sara kite
1x guthix body
1x guthix kite
and possibly gilded kite? not sure where jenove got that.

if the people keep doing this I would like to see there items removed\make a punishment for the doing of the clue until its fixed?

cheers p u r e.
p.s I know I probly don't make sence, don't have much time.

RE: abuse of the skeleton clue - Jenove - 08-23-2013 12:39 AM

Explain how is this exploitation. The clues drop rate has been fixed and ever with a ring of wealth it can take a while (15+ minutes) to get a clue. Also about half if not more are broken or you get a broken one after 6-10+ clues. Sometimes even as high as 20+ clues later you stumble upon a broken one and your day is ruined.

As for the rare chance it is also nothing amazing. Generally you get 6+ junk drops before 1 good one. So yea when I got gilded kite I had done about 34 clues out of which 20 were broken and the previous were mostly junk (runes oak and willow bows etc) with about 3 or 4 rune drops.

They aren't broken we are just dedicating a lot of time to farming and doing them just like you spend a lot of time alching for money. In the last two days alone I have put well over 16 hours of gameplay only doing clues!

Not to mention some of them can take (Speaking for kratos especially) up to 2 hours to do not because you hit upon a 20+clues but because they are level 3 and fling you to all the far corners of the map.

We are simply dedicated. You jelly?

P.S. The gilded kite was sold to someone who got the rarest gilded plate body from a clue so I don't even have that great luck Big Grin.

RE: abuse of the skeleton clue - p u r e - 08-24-2013 07:49 PM

jenove, he did not get gilded pl8 from a clue, he got from me, who I got from aaron who got from ultimatez who got from a legitimate green dragon clue. get ur facts right be4 u talk m8. and the only reason why u don't want this fixed and why ur trying to brush this off is u wanna abuse it to get richer.

RE: abuse of the skeleton clue - Jenove - 08-24-2013 11:23 PM

(08-24-2013 07:49 PM)p u r e Wrote:  jenove, he did not get gilded pl8 from a clue, he got from me, who I got from aaron who got from ultimatez who got from a legitimate green dragon clue. get ur facts right be4 u talk m8. and the only reason why u don't want this fixed and why ur trying to brush this off is u wanna abuse it to get richer.

P U R E, I keep a tally of all the clues as well as have been reporting broken clues to Plural each time I do them. Out of the 186 clues I have done over this last week. Almost 70% were broken. Also after doing so many clues mostly my rewards are some small rune things. The best rewards I have gotten after a week of doing clues for hours a day is :Gilded kite, Rune H1 *h2 kite, Rune kite (g), Zamorak page 4. That is it. Ive wasted more in food and teleport jewelery then actual clues.

Please get your facts straight before you go around accusing people of "abusing" something to get rich.

As a matter of fact go ahead and do some of the skeleton clues. You will soon see how little rewards you get and how many broken clues you encounter. Better yet keep a log of it.

Also what do you mean by broken. The chance of the clue dropping is similar to green dragons, and what do you mean fixed. These are clue scrolls that always have the same small margin of getting a good reward.

YOU DO NOT GET a better reward for doing a "skeleton clue" the chances are the same. We are simply farming the skeletons for them at the moment because we are lower level. When we get higher and start farming green dragons for clues will you also yell: ABUSE!?

RE: abuse of the skeleton clue - p u r e - 08-25-2013 07:47 AM

have u not realised how easy skeleton clues are to get? like seriously. try getting a clue that easy from any other npc. its not the same. also that fact that skeletons give level 3 rewards not level 2 like there supposed to? do u srsly think u can get trimmed versions of rune in real rs from a skeleton? get real.
just stop doing it? if it wasn't profitable u'd of stopped already, don't make up shit that using all ur "expensive jewlery" is worth so damn much. you know whats worth so damn much? Gilded kite, Rune H1 *h2 kite, Rune kite (g), Zamorak page 4.... -.-.

RE: abuse of the skeleton clue - Jenove - 08-25-2013 09:04 AM

(08-25-2013 07:47 AM)p u r e Wrote:  have u not realised how easy skeleton clues are to get? like seriously. try getting a clue that easy from any other npc. its not the same. also that fact that skeletons give level 3 rewards not level 2 like there supposed to? do u srsly think u can get trimmed versions of rune in real rs from a skeleton? get real.
just stop doing it? if it wasn't profitable u'd of stopped already, don't make up shit that using all ur "expensive jewlery" is worth so damn much. you know whats worth so damn much? Gilded kite, Rune H1 *h2 kite, Rune kite (g), Zamorak page 4.... -.-.

Yes correct but you should specify that what you mean by broken and abuse is that skeletons are dropping level 3 clues instead of level 2's.

Level 2's can be farmed the way I am doing, but you need to specify that.

Also it seems to me you are just butthurt I sold the gilded kite to MrByrdie instead of you.

As far as profit. Nobody wants a Rune H1 or H2 so they arent worth much. No one is buying pages as there are no books, Which btw is a low amount of pages. Swaq3r farms alkharid warrior clues and he has 3 sara 2 guthix and 4 zamorak clues. Again Level 2 clues form Al-kharid warriors.

Also because of the amount of failed clues I bought 3 glories and have wasted 4 games necklaces 13 rings of dueling and 250 law runes. All in total Either over or exactly at the 1.2m pricetag I sold the gilded kite for. Allowing me to just break even.

Please do 30 of the clues yourself before posting about how we are getting sick rich off of the clues.

P.S. TBH you are the richest player in game and are just overreacting because you think we found a goldmine and will magically get billions of geepeee overnight.

RE: abuse of the skeleton clue - Swaq - 08-25-2013 09:07 AM

Why is my name in this....

RE: abuse of the skeleton clue - Jenove - 08-25-2013 11:10 AM

(08-25-2013 09:07 AM)Swaq Wrote:  Why is my name in this....

You and I do the most clues on the server Smile

RE: abuse of the skeleton clue - p u r e - 08-25-2013 01:07 PM

difference is swaq does al kharid clues, which are correctly coded, unlike skele clues, which is a very common drop

RE: abuse of the skeleton clue - Botting4day - 08-25-2013 10:09 PM

I'd like to point out that since this post was made, there has been a huge rush of people killing skeletons now. Only 13 people were on last night but 3 were killing skeletons.

IMO, let the flood of clue items come in. The "market" will be flooded with em and eventually it'll mellow out.

~the great circle of life~