Rune2006
Muhammad Ali. - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Muhammad Ali. (/showthread.php?tid=1603)

Muhammad Ali. - Doyoy - 09-01-2013 11:12 AM

Alright some of you know i'm a boxer and i'm obssesed with muhammad ali. if you haven't heard about ali, the greatest boxer, idk what to say to you. there are many of his quotes.
so here are the ones i like
1.I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.

2. He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

3. I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.

4.If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.

5.It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

6.It's not bragging if you can back it up.

7.Boxing is a lot of white men watching two black men beat each other up.

8. I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round.
(believe it or not this is actually true. before the fight he says which round the guy will get knocked out in. and most of them time he's right)

Anyways, here's a youtube video of him and his quick reflexes. if you watch these clips, even you will beleive that he truly was the best boxer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkhpZoPOfZI

RE: Muhammad Ali. - use rubbers - 09-01-2013 02:35 PM

oh cool didn't know you were boxer.. how long have you been training and who do you train under?

RE: Muhammad Ali. - Doyoy - 09-01-2013 10:23 PM

(09-01-2013 02:35 PM)use rubbers Wrote:  oh cool didn't know you were boxer.. how long have you been training and who do you train under?
Okay, so i've been training boxing for about 3 months now, but i train every single day. except for weekends. Under this coach called billy martin. He's a pretty cool guy, and he trains us hard as hell. i've sparred a BUNCH of times now and i don't think i've ever lost a spar yet, except when i first started this guy whos been doing it for a year beat me. Yeaaah lol, and he's so happy about it too, and now he won't spar with me anymore because he knows this time he's gonna lose.

RE: Muhammad Ali. - use rubbers - 09-03-2013 12:12 AM

^ nice man keep at it. Also sparring is about learning not winning, nobody likes the new guy who wants to go hard with terrible technique. good luck to you man.

You should check out Pernell Whitaker, some of the best head movement in the game.

RE: Muhammad Ali. - Doyoy - 09-03-2013 01:12 AM

(09-03-2013 12:12 AM)use rubbers Wrote:  ^ nice man keep at it. Also sparring is about learning not winning, nobody likes the new guy who wants to go hard with terrible technique. good luck to you man.

You should check out Pernell Whitaker, some of the best head movement in the game.
actually i never go all out in sparring. and all i do is technique lols. i try to get better at my combos and foot movement, i never go for a punch when i know the guys gonna get knocked out or knocked down, because theres no points, it's just sparring.