Rune2006
Removing banker and Limiting Home teleport - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Removing banker and Limiting Home teleport (/showthread.php?tid=1851)

Pages: 1 2 3

Removing banker and Limiting Home teleport - Plural - 10-10-2013 02:15 AM

Please read properly before voting!

Hey everyone,
I'm adding a canoe system to the game.
Right now it is pretty basic, You will be able to use it entirely once you reach lvl 12 woodcutting. So, since I'm releasing this, I would like to get opinions on wheter or not we should remove the banker in Lumbridge and limit Home Teleport to be used only each 30 minuts. That way, there will be far more trade in Varrock.
In my opinion that would really ressemble the real 06 RS a lot more because the appropriate trading spots will actually be used. Traders will go to Varrock and Draynor to trade, while newcomers can reside in Lumbridge. Since the connection between Varrock and Lumbridge is so fast, the Varrock West Bank will always be crowded. By limiting the home teleport to only once each 30 minuts, we make sure teleport runes don't drop in value, and also that you can't get to varrock within 20 seconds each time.

I'm putting out a poll because I want your opinions on this as well.

RE: Removing banker and Limiting Home teleport - Dartan - 10-10-2013 02:17 AM

I wouldn't really mind if the Home Teleport gets a Cooldown for 30 Minutes.

Actually i would keep the Banker in Lumbridge. but i wouldn't actually mind if it would be gone.
Good luck with the Canoes Plural Big Grin

RE: Removing banker and Limiting Home teleport - Xofter - 10-10-2013 02:42 AM

Agree

RE: Removing banker and Limiting Home teleport - Iyascape - 10-10-2013 02:51 AM

I would just keep it the way as it is now.

RE: Removing banker and Limiting Home teleport - killermtg - 10-10-2013 02:53 AM

First off we do not have enough active players to even have a real economy yet. We have a mini economy. Nor does everyone have Varrock teleport it might force them to get it but it wont become trade center for a little while. Besides having tons of players in Lumby is good so that new players can see an actually community and not an empty desolate place.

For the future though it is a very good idea. When we have more players online at once like 100 at a time. Then hands down go for your idea Plural =) Just my opinion as i study economics and thus why i have a passion for RS 2006.

Thanks,
Killermtg

Vote this up if you agree down if you disagree and state why you disagree please lets better this game and lets vote and advertise this server!

RE: Removing banker and Limiting Home teleport - faryy - 10-10-2013 02:57 AM

Hmm................

If they remove the banker it would be much harder to bank in lumby so they need to fix it Tongue

I dont mind about The home teleport cause i never used it Big Grin

That was my comment

RE: Removing banker and Limiting Home teleport - uuu - 10-10-2013 02:59 AM

I agree with what killermtg says for similar reasons. For now I would keep it the way it is. When the playerbase reaches a certain amount, I would set a 30 minute cooldown on the home teleport and also remove the banker.

RE: Removing banker and Limiting Home teleport - cojack - 10-10-2013 07:56 PM

Either way. Big Grin

RE: Removing banker and Limiting Home teleport - Kornslipkn - 10-10-2013 09:51 PM

If this is to be a remake 100% loyal to 2006 then remove both, if not then leave the banker.

::home gets abused so please make it 30 mins between uses.

RE: Removing banker and Limiting Home teleport - Packed Punch - 10-11-2013 12:36 AM

I agree with Kornslipkn you should remove both, now we have the new canoe system.