Rune2006
Suggestions from a Economist's stand point - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Suggestions from a Economist's stand point (/showthread.php?tid=1855)

Suggestions from a Economist's stand point - killermtg - 10-10-2013 06:03 AM

Suggestions from an Economist's Stand Point.

At this current moment this game is fine.
Besides clue scroll drop rate by skeletons.

Needs to be fixed for economy to settle at the moment.

1. Skeleton clue drop rate.
2. Bring in mini games for more focus on fun. ( Causes more armor to be bought, prices of armor to stabilize or increase, and all other fighting necessities to be sold more often )
3. Monster drops polished up.
4. More pking or pures made to increase fish prices.
{Suggestion} (set-up a staff member to start pking and slowly back off that member and let community work itself out.)
5. All specialty shop prices fixed for buying goods of that kind like in real RS.

Needs to be fixed in the future for economy to be sustainable and active.

1. Coal to re-spawn quicker.
2. More advertising to get more players.
3. When we hit 100+ players online per day get rid of home teleport and lumbridge bank.
4. Shop for dragons weapons to be closed/zeroed out.( Only dropped buy monsters )
5. Fix farming glitches.
6. Always have mod on at all times of the day. (lately been very good with that.)
7. Getting rid of ::yell feature. It will only increase economy and force people to go to Varrock for any trades. ( Also will keep global fights down since we all don't have to jump into argument. Reduces global trolling.)
8. Host weekly or monthly events to make crowds and entice more players to come on at once. (Using crowd theory to your advantage)
9. Eventually get rid of all shop items that aren't urgent like armors, weapons, arrows, bows, so on. ( Of course you got to be fair and figure what to pull and keep and always ask community. )

Thanks for reading,
Killermtg

I would love to hear any comments on my post.

RE: Suggestions from a Economist's stand point - mordred - 10-10-2013 06:04 AM

hmm maybe, these do seem like some good ideas

RE: Suggestions from a Economist's stand point - Paper - 10-10-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:4. More pking or pures made to increase fish prices.
This will increase on it's own as the number of players rises. Even if you got a staff member to start it, it won't pick up until we get more people.

Coal respawn rate should be the same as it was in 2006.

As for everything else, this is all pretty straightforward and will probably happen later on as the server gains popularity. I don't understand #9 though.

RE: Suggestions from a Economist's stand point - Jenove - 10-10-2013 09:36 AM

With Plurals blessing I should soon remedy all the monster drops. As well as the clue scroll dilema.

As for new minigames. Barrows is in place and I wish to polish that up as well as it is a tad glitchy. (Karils hitting through range prayer anyone?)

Rocks ideally have a timer based on server population. Hence the coal re spawn times.

Most of your points are simply something that will be a natural progression as we gain players over time. So please, get comfortable and stay a while with us Smile.

RE: Suggestions from a Economist's stand point - killermtg - 10-10-2013 10:08 AM

Guys did you understand i am coming from an economist prospective? So it fluctuates on people hence player amount in game. I know we need more players I was just listing a few things see if anyone has more ideas or inputs.

and for number 9. It is to go beyond what Runescape ever could go. You make the players reliant on players not players reliant on shops. So if someone had lobster for sale at 75ea and shop has them for sale for 80ea the player would probably just get from shop cause it is quicker or they don't feel like finding any food. This is just a suggestion though cause it requires more players.

A in game economy makes a game worth playing the more you make and the more fun it is when someone dies to you and you get there valuable items.

At the moment another problem is rune items are very expensive. Causing people not to pk very much with them on.

RE: Suggestions from a Economist's stand point - Paper - 10-10-2013 11:07 AM

^If you take out shops you do realize coins will be worth literally nothing. People will start using logs, fish, or ores as currency.

It may be fun to take somebodies items when they die, but it isn't fun for the killed player at all.

RE: Suggestions from a Economist's stand point - cojack - 10-10-2013 07:51 PM

I think the economy is a bit out of hand, but the things you have said, i do agree to the extent. Smile