Rune2006
Tradable Holiday Items - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Game Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Tradable Holiday Items (/showthread.php?tid=1860)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tradable Holiday Items - dsun - 10-11-2013 03:02 AM

As you may know, the Halloween event will be released this month.
We're unsure if h'ween masks will be given out during the event, though.

Plural may be thinking about it, so we have to let him know whether we want him to release them or not. Please vote on the poll.

It appears that some people think that the h'ween masks will ruin the economy, this is not true. If many h'ween masks are released, they will be too common for anyone to want to buy them. Thus, the economy will remain unaffected.

By the way, the poll result will not mean that it will happen. We're simply letting Plural know what we would prefer. It's all up to Plural if he wants the rares or not.

If you decide to vote no for the h'ween masks, please explain why.

RE: Tradable Holiday Items - Kornslipkn - 10-11-2013 03:05 AM

I vote yes because they are awesome in general, and as Dsun said, they will,in fact, NOT ruin our economy.

RE: Tradable Holiday Items - Paper - 10-11-2013 03:24 AM

I didn't vote for either because I really couldn't care. It's a pointless item that does absolutely nothing. In my opinion, it'll have no effect at all on the economy because it's worthless.

RE: Tradable Holiday Items - Henning B - 10-11-2013 03:27 AM

Just make them untradable.

RE: Tradable Holiday Items - Micah - 10-11-2013 05:25 AM

I think they should be released, but in moderation. So everyone doesn't have 5+ h'weens.

RE: Tradable Holiday Items - Jenove - 10-11-2013 05:37 AM

I think if released as trade able then do it like it was before. When there was a ton of them everybody had them and they didint cost much. A cosmetic fun item to have. Else just release them as untradeable and have them be a fun cosmetic way of showing how long you have played the game. As they were intended to be.

RE: Tradable Holiday Items - Heretic - 10-11-2013 05:46 AM

Your logic is flawed. It doesn't matter if there are a large amount of masks if they are all being held by a small number of players. If the server ever gets considerably more popular, anyone who has masks will become absurdly rich for reasons that they barely put any effort into. The economy would begin to focus around holiday items, and players would buy less resources and goods in favor of saving up for holiday items. Therefore, it would significantly damage the economy.

The only thing that having a large number of masks would do is lower their price in the short run. Thus, I voted no. If they were untradable though, they would be fine.

RE: Tradable Holiday Items - mordred - 10-11-2013 06:27 AM

i support this

RE: Tradable Holiday Items - Plural - 10-11-2013 06:35 AM

(10-11-2013 05:46 AM)Heretic Wrote:  Your logic is flawed. It doesn't matter if there are a large amount of masks if they are all being held by a small number of players. If the server ever gets considerably more popular, anyone who has masks will become absurdly rich for reasons that they barely put any effort into. The economy would begin to focus around holiday items, and players would buy less resources and goods in favor of saving up for holiday items. Therefore, it would significantly damage the economy.

The only thing that having a large number of masks would do is lower their price in the short run. Thus, I voted no. If they were untradable though, they would be fine.

You do have a very good point.
Also I never claimed I'd release tradable rares this halloween.

RE: Tradable Holiday Items - galaxycore 2 - 10-11-2013 07:03 AM

No no and no no no no didn't I say no?!