Rune2006
Yell removal. - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Yell removal. (/showthread.php?tid=1885)

Pages: 1 2 3

Yell removal. - Micah - 10-14-2013 03:03 AM

The highly debated topic of the week - Should yell be removed?

My opinon: I think it should be removed over all, ::hideyell doesn't remove the fact that it's still there. It isn't very oldschool seeing as this is a emulation of Runescape in 2006. Plus, this will increase traffic on the forums by a lot, not to mention the Varrock west bank could become more populated if combined with the removal of the banker at home.

RE: Yell removal. - dsun - 10-14-2013 03:05 AM

I completely agree with everything Micah said.

RE: Yell removal. - Egypt - 10-14-2013 03:06 AM

Thank you for this, I feel the removal of ::yell, ::home, and banker at lumby will greatly improve the server. Players will need to buy/sell in Varrock and on forums like back in the day. Smile

RE: Yell removal. - adamb750 - 10-14-2013 03:08 AM

#keepyellalive!

RE: Yell removal. - garrett - 10-14-2013 03:08 AM

I vote it gets removed. Our player base is getting too large for it, and honestly it just makes trading and everything too easy. it's not like it was in 06. so, there's my say.

RE: Yell removal. - Plural - 10-14-2013 03:08 AM

Also keep in mind the enormous amount of yell messages that are pushing through.You can't properly hold a conversation outside of yell anymore with this playercount. And we will assume that it will keep increasing.

RE: Yell removal. - Leonidas - 10-14-2013 03:11 AM

i say remove yell even though its easy to buy/sell items with it but when server hit 100+ players imagine your chat flooded with yells... think about it guys

RE: Yell removal. - Adventurer - 10-14-2013 03:27 AM

I have thought a tremendous deal of this situation and have to concur, ::yell should be extirpated, because it would hold a large sum of players discussing to one another, and some of the speech should be inappropriate, which would leave me to a rather unkindly topic. If someone were to die from another player or abused in anyway, the person who has slain them can not only taunt him, but his friends and the entire server can as well, not even an ATOM of sympathy. It might also decrease player population, as no one would particularly enjoy spam throughout the entire gameplay. But I will finish quickly as this grows much too long.

-Adventurer

RE: Yell removal. - Henning B - 10-14-2013 03:31 AM

the old school feel isnt varrock, it is fally garden Big Grin

RE: Yell removal. - Paper - 10-14-2013 03:36 AM

All I want is for ::hideyell to work.

::yell allows people to further engage themselves into the community. It makes trading a hell of a lot easier. To be honest, I really couldn't care about people going to Varrock bank for business. If the annoying aspect of ::yell is taken care of, I believe it should stay so that people can socialize with the game community more effectively.

Didn't vote for either option. Just fix ::hideyell please.

(10-14-2013 03:27 AM)Adventurer Wrote:  I have thought a tremendous deal of this situation and have to concur, ::yell should be extirpated, because it would hold a large sum of players discussing to one another, and some of the speech should be inappropriate, which would leave me to a rather unkindly topic. If someone were to die from another player or abused in anyway, the person who has slain them can not only taunt him, but his friends and the entire server can as well, not even an ATOM of sympathy. It might also decrease player population, as no one would particularly enjoy spam throughout the entire gameplay. But I will finish quickly as this grows much too long.

-Adventurer
This is assuming all people do is have negative conversations on ::yell. I don't get in-game much, but I do sometimes see positive conversations where people enjoy themselves. Having ::yell also allows new players who just joined the server to ask a question and get a quick response.