Rune2006
An important lesson - Do you clap? - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: An important lesson - Do you clap? (/showthread.php?tid=1945)

An important lesson - Do you clap? - Paper - 10-20-2013 11:50 AM

When somebody has just finished presenting something or concluded a performance, do you take that little effort to clap for them?

I've been thinking about this all day. Last night, I went to go see some acrobatic performance. It... Wasn't really as good as I expected. Most of the audience (including me) didn't clap at the end. When the performers bowed to us they looked quite sad. So I called up an old buddy who does many solo musical performances and asked her if she claps. She was pissed off at the question but told me to always clap for a performance even if I don't care and even if the performance is shit.

I don't do presentations usually but if I didn't receive any claps or cheers I'd really feel like a pile of crap. (And be quite depressed for a bit)

From now on I'll take that small effort and use it to clap since I'd want the same thing if I were on the stage. I also am beginning to realize that other people actually matter, instead of just caring about myself all the time.

If you don't clap, I'd appreciate if you'd do so. It doesn't take anything at all and it's only effect lightens up somebodies mood.

RE: An important lesson - Do you clap? - Doyoy - 10-21-2013 07:44 AM

well yes, i have realized this for a long time.
i am what you call..
a loser a skool.
and when no one claps 4 me i cry in the corner.
so i always clap.

RE: An important lesson - Do you clap? - shizzle - 10-21-2013 09:19 AM

i clap, even if the show sucked. its just a part of having respect for someone

RE: An important lesson - Do you clap? - Churro - 10-21-2013 11:47 PM

or show boobs if possible.

RE: An important lesson - Do you clap? - Jenove - 10-22-2013 03:38 AM

I spank the monkey.

RE: An important lesson - Do you clap? - Henning B - 10-22-2013 05:09 AM

i still dont understand why human beings communicate with eachothers, about 90% of whats being said is useless.

-EDIT-

I'd also like to point out you caring about other not just yourself; some of us care more about others than ourself, and that is also depressing at times.

RE: An important lesson - Do you clap? - Doyoy - 10-23-2013 03:59 AM

what? how does that have to do with this topic^?