Rune2006
Noise machine. - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Noise machine. (/showthread.php?tid=2019)

Noise machine. - Micah - 10-30-2013 12:26 PM

http://mynoise.net/

Wanted to share a site I found that has helped me recently, it's basically filled with different sound machines that can help you relax.

For example, there's a airplane cabin sound machine, it sounds realistic and relaxes me, as well as grey noise.

Along with those noises, there's brain wave sound machines; Binaural and Isochronic.

Personally Isochronic has helped me relax a lot, if you close your eyes and focus on the sound it should work.

These probably won't work for everyone, but it's worth a try. There's even sounds like a campfire, rain, etc.

RE: Noise machine. - dsun - 10-30-2013 12:55 PM

The binaural and isochronic relaxed ones really do work for me, it's amazing.

RE: Noise machine. - Paper - 10-30-2013 12:57 PM

Read the usage section of it. Sounds like interesting stuff, will give it a try tomorrow. Maybe this can get me to mellow out if that makes sense.

**EDIT**
I wish they had the sound of an airplane flying above you. Or the sound of cars driving across a flat surface. D=

RE: Noise machine. - Diotoxin - 11-01-2013 02:42 AM

I used this already!

I have various anxiety disorders, one of which is linked to my hypersensitivity to sound. One of my therapists recommended me to listen to white noise to see if it helped any and it definitely does. I listen to it for like an hour after I wake up and before I go to sleep so that if I need to go somewhere, car or traffic noises won't trigger anything. Sometimes if I forget to listen to it before I go to sleep, noises in the middle of the night will wake me up and I'll have a panic attack, not to mention I have terrible nightmares because of the medication for my depression. So that doesn't help.

Anyways, the binaural beat helps the most for me.