Rune2006
Please take your time to read. - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Game Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Please take your time to read. (/showthread.php?tid=2057)

Pages: 1 2

Please take your time to read. - Kornslipkn - 11-05-2013 11:21 AM

Alright, since this is the only section people really read I'll post this here...

Lately there have been countless threads that bash on Plural and that are quite rude and hurtful to not only Plural but also to some players which treat Plural with utmost respect.

Even though I do NOT really agree on the way he runs the server, I have come to understand why and it is also my job to help the server continue to grow.

So I'll kindly ask you to NOT post any more of these threads, they give not only a bad image to Plural but also makes the server look very bad which will scare new players away and it will ruin our server's image.

Do you really want a server that holds the reputation of having disrespectful players, a bad owner and conversations that consist of only fights and insults?

I'm guessing you don't, and neither do I or any of the staff.

I'm not trying to take away your right of free speech, I'm just asking you to keep the ''Plural-bashing'' to a minimum if not to nothing at all.

He's a person just like any of us and you need to remember that he has other things to attend to and you should know that real life comes first.

He's in a very important stage of his school-life and he really can't afford to screw it up right now... problems with the server would only stress him out even more.

Even with all the bugs and missing content we have one of the best servers out there and I don't think you realize that... I mean, Plural doesn't really owe you anything does he?

He's giving you a free server to play, which is coming out of his own pocket since he pays for the hosting himself and he makes absolutely no income out of this.

Before you type your hate comment take a second to remember that Plural is a person just like me and you, he has a name, a life, friends, a brain, he's NOT some robot that we can order around...

Updates will eventually come so stay patient as there is a lot of stuff to do on the server already and it's pretty hard to get bored... and if you are, start grinding a new skill and aim for a 99!

I hope I cleared things up for you and that you'll realize that we can't have everything at once.

I'd like to hear your feedback as this is not only one-sided, I enjoy hearing from the community, so please write what you think here.

Your unconditionally loving moderator,
Korn Smile

RE: Please take your time to read. - Paper - 11-05-2013 11:26 AM

(11-05-2013 11:21 AM)Kornslipkn Wrote:  He's a person just like any of us and you need to remember that he has other things to attend to and you should know that real life comes first.
There's a difference between being busy and being lazy. Not even Obama is THIS busy.
(11-05-2013 11:21 AM)Kornslipkn Wrote:  He's in a very important stage of his school-life and he really can't afford to screw it up right now... problems with the server would only stress him out even more.
He's been on this important stage of school-life for a year. I'm impressed he hasn't succumbed to the stress from the server.

(11-05-2013 11:21 AM)Kornslipkn Wrote:  He's giving you a free server to play, which is coming out of his own pocket since he pays for the hosting himself and he makes absolutely no income out of this.
+9000 respect for Plural.

RE: Please take your time to read. - Kornslipkn - 11-05-2013 11:30 AM

Well, you're right, he IS lazy, that I can't argue on.

And yes, this ''important stage'' last for quite a couple of years, it's called college.

And I'm not sure if that was sarcastic or not, but I really do respect Plural for giving us this wonderful server to play on for free.

RE: Please take your time to read. - Paper - 11-05-2013 11:31 AM

(11-05-2013 11:30 AM)Kornslipkn Wrote:  And I'm not sure if that was sarcastic or not, but I really do respect Plural for giving us this wonderful server to play on for free.
It wasn't sarcastic. Games should be made for player enjoyment, not for profit.

RE: Please take your time to read. - Diotoxin - 11-05-2013 11:37 AM

Basically what he's saying is quit being a pack of whiny chumps who cry because what they want doesn't happen right when they want it to. Calling Plural lazy, a bad owner, or anything like that will just slow it down. Let him know what needs to be done and wait. There's nothing else you can do.

If it's not a priority for the whole of the server or the community, then don't moan about it.

And in regards to the people quitting, it's just a group movement because nobody knows how to use their words apparently. You know that most of those people who quit would come back after he starts to update. But guess what? Quitting will only slow it down as well. If there's less players, the main focus won't be on updates, it'll be on getting more players.

You guys are basically trying to chop down a tree by walking away from it and calling it a bitch.

edit: im not denying that he's lazy or that things need to get done, but crying about it like a bunch of eggs isn't helping

RE: Please take your time to read. - csoccerman12 - 11-05-2013 11:50 AM

I definitely agree that plural gets too much hate. He's got stuff going on, I get that, but updates need to happen. At least one a month. And if he is too busy to do it, someone else needs to. Plural can be owner, admin, dictator, I don't really care, but updates need to come in. I love that he wants new players, new players are great, but new players become old players and old players leave without updates. I advertise ALL the time, but they'll leave without updates. I love this server and I love plural, but he's gotta do something. I don't really care what, that's up to him, but something needs to happen.

RE: Please take your time to read. - Henning B - 11-05-2013 12:11 PM

(11-05-2013 11:37 AM)Diotoxin Wrote:  Basically what he's saying is quit being a pack of whiny chumps who cry because what they want doesn't happen right when they want it to. Calling Plural lazy, a bad owner, or anything like that will just slow it down. Let him know what needs to be done and wait. There's nothing else you can do.

If it's not a priority for the whole of the server or the community, then don't moan about it.

And in regards to the people quitting, it's just a group movement because nobody knows how to use their words apparently. You know that most of those people who quit would come back after he starts to update. But guess what? Quitting will only slow it down as well. If there's less players, the main focus won't be on updates, it'll be on getting more players.

You guys are basically trying to chop down a tree by walking away from it and calling it a bitch.

edit: im not denying that he's lazy or that things need to get done, but crying about it like a bunch of eggs isn't helping

You must be new here! welcome! i've been playing plurals games for quite some time, and i can tell you, all the coding that goes into his game is either paied for or by somebody else, and most of the updates that actually change something are usually removed after a few weeks because he is to lazy to fix the bugs.

EDIT: fuk plurl he sux

RE: Please take your time to read. - Diotoxin - 11-05-2013 01:05 PM

yes i joined yesterday please direct me to the nearest money making guide

RE: Please take your time to read. - Henning B - 11-05-2013 01:32 PM

(11-05-2013 01:05 PM)Diotoxin Wrote:  yes i joined yesterday please direct me to the nearest money making guide

idk, i dont play anymore. but welcome.

RE: Please take your time to read. - Micah - 11-05-2013 02:23 PM

I've been with Plural for awhile and have always loved his servers, they may not have the most updates but for sure i've met some of my best internet friends on them. Even great memories. I've learned that moaning about updates will not solve anything, mostly because that if he made updates at the rate people are wanting them they would be more half-assed then they already are. But also he's a great friend, I've followed his projects too long to just leave.

Also, I can't believe people can't comprehend he doesn't have the free time to update the server. Back in the day he would get on and talk, hang around and such but not work on updates, but if you actually pay attention these days he barely even logs into the forums, let alone skype. He opened this to provide people a free 1x 2006 emulation, I believe this is the only one.

Thank you for posting this Korn, and also thank you to Plural for paying to keep this open for us. I don't care about the updates or the game play, I care about having a place to talk and discuss about things with my friends.