Rune2006
Programming - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Computer Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Programming (/showthread.php?tid=2262)

Pages: 1 2

Programming - tank - 12-05-2013 12:57 PM

Currently my dad is getting his degree in computer engineering and this means he has to take classes like C++ and Java. I have only taken a simple html class but I have found that I have a passion for coding. I like to know how computers work, I love the science of it. So my question is when should I start up serious programming like C++ and Java? Should I wait until I reach higher math classes? I am currently in Algebra 2 and although I do make small mistakes I make it my mission to make sure I completely understand what I'm Doing. Does anyone on the server code? I'd like to hear back on this (:

RE: Programming - dsun - 12-06-2013 01:36 AM

I know a little bit of Java and I've coded several cmd games. My best one is a cmd RPG game called DragonWorld.

You don't really need anything other than basic arithmetic to start basic Java. I personally am horrible when it comes to math (lol wat is a algibra), but I did achieve the ability to code text based games.

So just learn the basics first and see how it's like, I'm sure you'll do fine.

RE: Programming - tank - 12-06-2013 12:40 PM

Thanks I'd like to write a game like yours it looks very interesting (:

RE: Programming - Henning B - 12-06-2013 08:49 PM

(12-06-2013 12:40 PM)tank Wrote:  Thanks I'd like to write a game like yours it looks very interesting (:

Me and a friend are working on a text based mmorpg, i could show you the source code.

RE: Programming - tank - 12-06-2013 10:50 PM

(12-06-2013 08:49 PM)Henning B Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 12:40 PM)tank Wrote:  Thanks I'd like to write a game like yours it looks very interesting (:

Me and a friend are working on a text based mmorpg, i could show you the source code.

I'd love to look into it (:

RE: Programming - Henning B - 12-07-2013 06:58 AM

https://github.com/Promises/Wizard-Wars

wow may 2013, you are one of the early guys Smile
good to see you posting.

RE: Programming - tank - 12-07-2013 02:18 PM

I joined when it was in development and forgot about it and I just recently found out it actually came to fruition (:

RE: Programming - Rocky786 - 12-15-2013 09:05 AM

Programming / coding is a very interesting skill to have. If I were you, I'd check out Rune-Server, a website dedicated to coding RSPS. You'll find some interesting guides that might just be what you're looking for.

Start out with something basic like PI and then move onto more complex codes, for example Hyperion. Then, when you're ready for it, try out Apollo. You might decide to make your own source after that.

It's fun, and also very frustrating at times, but if you work hard, you'll enjoy it.

Link to Rune-Server: rune-server.org

RE: Programming - tank - 12-15-2013 01:10 PM

(12-15-2013 09:05 AM)Rocky786 Wrote:  Programming / coding is a very interesting skill to have. If I were you, I'd check out Rune-Server, a website dedicated to coding RSPS. You'll find some interesting guides that might just be what you're looking for.

Start out with something basic like PI and then move onto more complex codes, for example Hyperion. Then, when you're ready for it, try out Apollo. You might decide to make your own source after that.

It's fun, and also very frustrating at times, but if you work hard, you'll enjoy it.

Ok thanks rocky ill look into it forshure (:

RE: Programming - Rocky786 - 12-15-2013 02:40 PM

(12-15-2013 01:10 PM)tank Wrote:  
(12-15-2013 09:05 AM)Rocky786 Wrote:  Programming / coding is a very interesting skill to have. If I were you, I'd check out Rune-Server, a website dedicated to coding RSPS. You'll find some interesting guides that might just be what you're looking for.

Ok thanks rocky ill look into it forshure (:

My pleasure mate Smile Just remember, it'll be a bit frustrating at first but don't let that deter you. Keep trying and it'll become easier eventually. Also, some times the community there can be a bit of a bitch, just ignore the trolls. There's some really good people as well.

Have fun! Smile