Rune2006
New Years Event / Holiday Event - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: New Years Event / Holiday Event (/showthread.php?tid=2367)

New Years Event / Holiday Event - savage - 12-25-2013 10:20 AM

Hey everybody, it's that time of year and I thought "Hmmph, there isn't any event going on; and not many people are even on!" This sucks, I hate to see it.

My suggestion is that we start 1 of 3 events, now these events would of course include:

-Drops
-Special Equipment
-Meaningless shits
-And a lot of fun!

The only difference in my suggestions is the way we go about giving out points / rewards; in one version you skill your ass off and earn points as you level and gain xp (this way it's even between high and low levels as low levels gain levels quicker and higher levels gain more exp.) of course levels would be weighted higher in the amount of points you get but that's because more exp. is available to higher levels as I said before.

Another version involves combat, this version would include the same things to be earned and anyone could join in (maybe even put in a special boss for the server to fight together in a multi-area?) As it was before higher level monsters will = more points but gaining combat levels is weighted higher on a scale.

The last version I had in mind was one including both, now both systems would be weighted the same, but we would have 2 teams; Skillers & PVMers. This version would allow any player to join either team and fight (or skill) for there side at the end of the Event period the winning team would be given a prize, as the losing team would be given a consolation prize.

Let me know what you think!

Sincerely,

Savage.

RE: New Years Event / Holiday Event - Yogosun - 12-25-2013 10:24 AM

Support! Would be nice if we have a double xp weekend or something.

RE: New Years Event / Holiday Event - savage - 12-25-2013 10:24 AM

Feel free to leave a response other than a vote explaining what you want to see

RE: New Years Event / Holiday Event - garrett - 12-25-2013 06:58 PM

Consolation* prize. And this is an early 2006 runescape remake, so special equipment and bosses and the like probably won't get added. a New Years event would be nice, though. Even if it is just a 1.5xp exp weekend or something, been a long time since we've had anything special going on. we'll see what happens!

RE: New Years Event / Holiday Event - Deadly5484 - 12-25-2013 07:49 PM

I agree with yogosun about double xp, That's definitely do-able. But for a get-together Party of some sort we need a host first. (someone to volunteer to set everything up time/Date.) I also wouldn't mind everyone pitching in some items to a "trusted" host. and having a drop party.

RE: New Years Event / Holiday Event - savage - 12-26-2013 08:14 AM

I like that idea Deadly, maybe Dsun can help you if online if not id be happy to do it. I have no reason to scam as I am extremely liable to quit in the near future lol