Rune2006
Fixing Game Loading Issues - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Guides & Tutorials (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Avanced guides (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Thread: Fixing Game Loading Issues (/showthread.php?tid=2398)

Pages: 1 2

Fixing Game Loading Issues - Rocky786 - 01-02-2014 11:30 PM

Hey guys,

If you're reading this, it means that you've run into some problems loading the webclient or the downloadable client or something server-related. I've tried my best to make an acceptable guide on how to fix the issues. Please do the guide in order, no skipping and if all the steps are done properly and your issue isn't resolved, please post back here and I'll try my best to assist you. Let's start:

1) Delete the Rune2006 cache.

a. To do this, click on the "Start button" or "Start" if you're on Windows XP.
b. Click on "Documents".
c. Then go to the left-hand side and click on "Computer".
d. Click on your "Local Disk" drive, normally labeled as the "C-drive".
e. Then select "Users". Follow by selecting your Administrator name, so whatever comes up on the top-right side when you click the "Start button" or "Start" (on XP).
f. Once in here, you should see a folder named "Rune2006v2", right-click on it and select "Delete" from the drop-down box that appears.

Try loading the web-client again. If it works, then stop here, if not, move onto the next step.

2) Download the downloadable client, it's no different from the web-client and is more convenient. You can just double-click the .JAR file and it'll load up the game client without ever having to go to the website. The official download was removed but there's a link to an alternate client in this thread:

http://rune2006.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2268

Again, if this works - Great! If not, then move on down:

3) Flush your DNS. Most computers cache the hostname of the websites you've visited to make reloading the pages faster. If the IP of the website changes before the cache is complete, you may not be able to load the site and it's content. There's an easy and quick fix:

Windows 7: Click the Start button. > Type in "cmd" in the Search box. > Right-click the program that appears and select "Run as Administrator", the Command Prompt should now appear. > Type this in EXACTLY:

ipconfig /flushdns

Windows XP: Click on the "Start" button, then click "Run". > Enter "cmd" into the Run field and press "ENTER". > Then type this in EXACTLY:

ipconfig /flushdns

There's a space between "ipconfig" and "/flushdns". Once done, press the "ENTER" key. It should say "Windows IP Configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache".
If this works, great! If not, move on:

4) Try downloading a VPN (a Virtual Private Network), used within businesses to make collaboration on projects easier but also used to hide your IP Address etc. A VPN, if used correctly will mask your IP so that people, websites, whoever doesn't see your real one and instead sees the one that the VPN has supplied you with. This server has DDoS mitigation to protect it from offending IPs which may try to bring the website down by loading it with fake traffic to bog it down and eat it's bandwidth (thereby shutting down the server). Sometimes, even normal IPs get blacklisted and the DDoS firewall blocks them. This is called a "False positive", meaning no issues, yet the firewall is over-reacting. Only Maarten can white-list the IPs, so until he does, you may need to use the VPN. So, the ones that I've seen recommended for this server are:

Spotflux: http://www.spotflux.com
Hotspot Shield: http://www.hotspotshield.com/‎

Please use Spotflux FIRST! It's the one that Maarten has recommended before trying other VPNs. Just download and install.

If all goes well, you're connected to their VPN network service. Just try to load the webclient or the downloadable client (link above) again. Hopefully it'll work.

That's all guys, hope this guide helped you in some way. Sorry for making it so long but in order to minimize questions and maximize helping people understand why the game wasn't working the way they wanted it to, I tried to be as thorough as possible. If this helped, I'd really appreciate a comment below. If this doesn't work, please by all means go and leave me a comment on how to improve. If something I've said isn't right or you feel differently, please leave a comment and I'll get back to it and correct any mistakes I have.

I'm really looking for feedback. Thanks for reading. Peace Big Grin

RE: Fixing Game Loading Issues - Doyoy - 01-03-2014 01:37 AM

Thanks, this should be in the guide to guides by aaron.
DSUN YOU ARE NEEDED PLS DO SOMESHIT AND MAKE THIS LINK APPEAR IN AARONS GUIDE
http://rune2006.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2398

RE: Fixing Game Loading Issues - dsun - 01-03-2014 03:51 AM

Done.

Great guide, well done.

RE: Fixing Game Loading Issues - Ajm573 - 01-04-2014 04:12 PM

(01-02-2014 11:30 PM)Rocky786 Wrote:  Windows XP: Click on the "Start" button, then click "Run". > Enter "cmd" into the Run field and press "ENTER". > Then type this in EXACTLY:

Why would anyone use Winblows XP nowadays?

RE: Fixing Game Loading Issues - dsun - 01-04-2014 04:19 PM

Why not? And what's wrong with Windows XP?

RE: Fixing Game Loading Issues - Zev Love X - 01-04-2014 04:58 PM

(01-04-2014 04:12 PM)Ajm573 Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 11:30 PM)Rocky786 Wrote:  Windows XP: Click on the "Start" button, then click "Run". > Enter "cmd" into the Run field and press "ENTER". > Then type this in EXACTLY:

Why would anyone use Winblows XP nowadays?

Some people can't afford a new computer, and part of the appeal for oldschool runescape is basically anything can run it.

RE: Fixing Game Loading Issues - Ajm573 - 01-04-2014 11:33 PM

(01-04-2014 04:19 PM)dsun Wrote:  Why not? And what's wrong with Windows XP?

It's gonna be unsupported later this year. (April 8th)

RE: Fixing Game Loading Issues - Rocky786 - 01-05-2014 01:20 AM

The point remains that some people still use Windows XP and will continue to do so even after the point of support has been crossed. It's a known fact, lots of people don't like Vista, 7, or 8 and will not change over. It's why I included an XP part in the tutorial as well.

This is going off-topic, this is for people who need assistance on game loading issues.

Thanks for understanding Smile

RE: Fixing Game Loading Issues - Terraforming - 01-10-2014 07:10 PM

Most of the time it's the browser. Microsoft makes you download a new browser because Internet Explorer is so bad, you can't run Java on it anymore....

Google Chrome is the best for Java in my opinion.

RE: Fixing Game Loading Issues - Ajm573 - 01-19-2014 04:04 PM

Oh, step 3, some people might be using Windows 8(.1)