Rune2006
Plural will be active after Jan 25 (Hopefully...)? - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Game Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Plural will be active after Jan 25 (Hopefully...)? (/showthread.php?tid=2483)

Pages: 1 2 3

Plural will be active after Jan 25 (Hopefully...)? - Fiery - 01-13-2014 06:13 PM

So, from what I saw...

(01-13-2014 12:38 PM)Toss a baby Wrote:  Got the answer from plural. Whips aren't coded however he will code them once his exams are finished, on the 25th of January

Looking at that, it seems that he will have time to do some coding, and maybe implement Jenoves updates which he didn't have time to do before? I feel if he has time to code in whips, he should also be able to code in Jenove's updates right? Let me guys know what you guys think.

RE: Plural will be active after Jan 25 (Hopefully...)? - Rocky786 - 01-13-2014 10:09 PM

Yes, hope so. I think the reason why Jenove's updates weren't implemented was either because of conflicting code or some data corruption. Don't take my word for it, but that's what I believe.

Once Maarten has some time on his hands, I'm sure he'll get those updates in-game.

Thanks for the thread! Smile

RE: Plural will be active after Jan 25 (Hopefully...)? - Doyoy - 01-13-2014 10:25 PM

rocky is right.
And i know plural, he will update something when he can. He actually had this server for a hobby, so you can't expect him to sell his soul to this server. But yeah, he will do many things once his exams are over.

RE: Plural will be active after Jan 25 (Hopefully...)? - Jenove - 01-14-2014 05:35 PM

(01-13-2014 10:09 PM)Rocky786 Wrote:  Yes, hope so. I think the reason why Jenove's updates weren't implemented was either because of conflicting code or some data corruption. Don't take my word for it, but that's what I believe.

Once Maarten has some time on his hands, I'm sure he'll get those updates in-game.

Thanks for the thread! Smile

What happened was plural set himself up. I asked for the current server build he instead gave me an old one with similar code. This of course implies that from the getgo he will have to patch my code in piece by piece because he didint give me the current server build to develop. So it by defninition doubles the work.

TLBig GrinR plural is a lazy ass don't expect anything.

RE: Plural will be active after Jan 25 (Hopefully...)? - dsun - 01-14-2014 06:10 PM

(01-14-2014 05:35 PM)Jenove Wrote:  What happened was plural set himself up. I asked for the current server build he instead gave me an old one with similar code. This of course implies that from the getgo he will have to patch my code in piece by piece because he didint give me the current server build to develop. So it by defninition doubles the work.

TLBig GrinR plural is a lazy ass don't expect anything.

Well, you can't really blame him for having trust issues since many people have betrayed him, unfortunately. But it means that he cares for the server, so he wouldn't risk it so easily. I'd guess he doesn't have much time for the server, well, either that or he doesn't have the motivation. But, he does let anyone play for absolutely free while he makes no profit whatsoever. Is he really that bad as you people seem to think? Not to me.

RE: Plural will be active after Jan 25 (Hopefully...)? - Rocky786 - 01-14-2014 06:38 PM

I understand Jenove, but like Dragonsun pointed out, he can't just give out the entire current source. He doesn't want to risk something like that. I would like to thank you for your motivation to help the server though, it's really appreciated. Smile

RE: Plural will be active after Jan 25 (Hopefully...)? - dj tim dis - 01-14-2014 07:31 PM

Yes thank god someone else understands how Plural feels! Good job vet players for preaching Smile

RE: Plural will be active after Jan 25 (Hopefully...)? - Fiery - 01-14-2014 08:09 PM

I agree. Once his exams are over, we will have the chance to ask him whether he will have a lot of time or not Tongue.

RE: Plural will be active after Jan 25 (Hopefully...)? - Skill - 01-14-2014 09:53 PM

I think Plural has the motivation for the server just not the time. We've got to understand that this isn't Plural's full time job. A lot of us are students at universities, myself included and that has to come first, so I understand why he can't be on to constantly update the server. I don't know the full history of the server but hopefully Plural will be able to balance time managing the server with his schooling to help implement some updates. But only time will tell

RE: Plural will be active after Jan 25 (Hopefully...)? - Fzsy - 01-14-2014 09:59 PM

I just want more quests haha Tongue
Plural should cram in coding after exams.