Rune2006
Feel's Rune2006 Client Progress Thread - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Game Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Feel's Rune2006 Client Progress Thread (/showthread.php?tid=36051)

Feel's Rune2006 Client Progress Thread - Feel - 10-14-2021 04:24 AM

Hi Everyone, long time no talk.

In the last year I've been working on a custom client that adds a lot of functionality to the client that allows players to have a somewhat better experience. The main goal of the client was to add features I found were missing server sided(Npc kill counters, play time counter...etc). However, I found myself constantly having to restart the adventure due to bad coding practices, or inadvertently breaking the client with a feature and not having a back up. After 6 or 7 months of work I took a break, and didn't touch the client for approximately 6 months.

About 2 weeks ago I started working on some features here and there. Currently there isn't much in the client, but thats not that this thread is exactly about, its about the progression to the end dream. Runelite in rune2006.

Implemented Features:
-Skill Orbs
-Hp, Prayer, Run, and Worlds Map orbs.
-New Sprite Cache loading system (Requires extra files for cache)

Currently in Progress:
-Fix Text on hover Text in Skill Orbs
-Reset Hover timer while hovering over the skill orb
-Implement "Eat First" feature into HP Orb Button
-Implement "Drink First" feature into Prayer Orb Button
-Implement Togglable Run feature via Run Orb Button
-Dynamic Holiday Flooring (Halloween, Water is Lava, Lava is darker, Ground is Dark)(Christmas, Water is Frozen, Lava is brighter, Ground has snow on it)
-Setting Saving (For Toggleables down the line)
-Toggle System (To Toggle any and every feature thats added.)

To Be Started:
-Runelite UI/UX
-Plugin System (Backend)
-EventBus System (Backend)

The client will be moved to Github in the coming days/weeks for other users to either help with the project, or review the code.

Client will be released for closed beta testing (Discord server members) first, then a full release when I feel the client is nearing completion with basic plugins.

Meda:
[Image: ce97a5c3bb73d309546c1d35104bc3c8.gif]
[Image: b64e23a09b4461fbc5374a8828e6c4cf.png]

RE: Feel's Rune2006 Client Progress Thread - Erotom7 - 10-18-2021 07:19 AM

Feel, its truly amazing work that you are doing. Even though majority of people are not here I can say that what youre doing is truly appreciated and will end up making rune2006 something even more special. Let me know if you need anything. (Also nice whip Tongue )

RE: Feel's Rune2006 Client Progress Thread - dsun - 11-15-2021 12:13 AM

That's awesome!!!

RE: Feel's Rune2006 Client Progress Thread - Feel - 12-30-2023 12:33 AM

Little update. Lost all of of my files to the client a while back... Got bored today so started up again. Still need to fix Players not rendering.

GPU Based client.
AA From 0 - 16
https://gyazo.com/a4907e7a20765c9227d555d697f8ec5f

RE: Feel's Rune2006 Client Progress Thread - pwnbychris2 - 12-31-2023 08:59 PM

Your doing an amazing job! That's just crazy man! Keep it up!!