Rune2006
How to keep your computer safe from 'Trojan Horse Virus" - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Guides & Tutorials (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: How to keep your computer safe from 'Trojan Horse Virus" (/showthread.php?tid=705)

How to keep your computer safe from 'Trojan Horse Virus" - Mr Noodles - 05-06-2013 08:35 PM

A Trojan is a type of malware that is similar to a computer virus. While Trojans are sometimes referred to as viruses, an important distinction is that viruses can execute and replicate themselves, whereas Trojans must be executed by a user. Trojans may be hidden in links or programs to infect a computer when the link or program is executed. There are several simple ways you can help protect yourself against Trojans.

1. Never open unsolicited emails from unknown senders. Emails from people you don't know may contain links, attachments or other traps that can get you to inadvertently install Trojans.

2. Avoid downloading and installing programs unless you fully trust the publisher. Some websites attempt to trick users into downloading programs that they claim will perform useful tasks, when in reality installation will only infect your computer. Don't download random files.

3. Use a fully updated anti-virus program whenever you are using the Internet. Antivirus software can help scan links for malicious data and prevent and remove malware, like Trojans. Popular antivirus programs include Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, AVG Free, Avira AntiVir and Avast.

4. Also, don't forget to always enable your Windows Firewall, it plays an important role in defending viruses. You can do so by clicking "Start," "Control Panel," "Security," "Windows Firewall" and "Change Settings." Click "On" and "Apply".

Congratulations, you are now protected against the Trojan Horse Virus.

Feel free to post your questions below.

RE: How to keep your computer safe from 'Trojan Horse Virus" - Henning B - 05-06-2013 08:48 PM

FUCK THE FIREWALL, IT FUCKS MY WHOLE LIFE UP.
Ansd you can never be protected against viruses, the creator just re-crypts it.

RE: How to keep your computer safe from 'Trojan Horse Virus" - Mr Noodles - 05-06-2013 08:51 PM

(05-06-2013 08:48 PM)Henning B Wrote:  FUCK THE FIREWALL, IT FUCKS MY WHOLE LIFE UP.
Ansd you can never be protected against viruses, the creator just re-crypts it.

You can decrease the chance of being a victim of one.

RE: How to keep your computer safe from 'Trojan Horse Virus" - Roxfan202 - 07-11-2013 09:27 AM

Thanks for dis

RE: How to keep your computer safe from 'Trojan Horse Virus" - drew - 07-11-2013 07:49 PM

i know an solution, pull a condom on your pc Big Grin

RE: How to keep your computer safe from 'Trojan Horse Virus" - Waddup - 07-11-2013 08:41 PM

(07-11-2013 07:49 PM)drew Wrote:  i know an solution, pull a condom on your pc Big Grin

Kid please.

RE: How to keep your computer safe from 'Trojan Horse Virus" - drew - 07-11-2013 08:58 PM

(07-11-2013 08:41 PM)Waddup Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 07:49 PM)drew Wrote:  i know an solution, pull a condom on your pc Big Grin

Kid please.
stop callin me kid im 23 years old, and it was just a silly joke..
so chillax

RE: How to keep your computer safe from 'Trojan Horse Virus" - Waddup - 07-12-2013 12:41 AM

(07-11-2013 08:58 PM)drew Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 08:41 PM)Waddup Wrote:  

Kid please.
stop callin me kid im 23 years old, and it was just a silly joke..
so chillax

Your 23 years old, you play runescape private servers, and if your 23 years old you dont make those jokes, get an id screenshot Smile

RE: How to keep your computer safe from 'Trojan Horse Virus" - Aaron - 07-15-2013 04:05 AM

My laptop has like 100 viruses windows isn't even genuine Tongue i should probs fix it but im not admin of it because its an old school laptop ;(