Rune2006
Suspect you have a virus? Check this out! - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Guides & Tutorials (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Avanced guides (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Thread: Suspect you have a virus? Check this out! (/showthread.php?tid=749)

Pages: 1 2

Suspect you have a virus? Check this out! - czechm8 - 05-14-2013 01:02 AM

Hello fellow Rune2006 players,

Recently, there's been a lot of viruses and other malicious software travelling around the internet. Since I know a bit about the way these applications work, I thought I might make a guide to make sure (and clean up, if necessary) any malicious software that you may have on your computer.

Please note that this guide is only useful for users of the Windows Platform and the following versions are supported: XP, Vista, 7, and 8.

DISCLAIMER: This guide is not 100% fool-proof and just because you follow this guide doesn't mean that you'll always be virus-free. This guide will help you get rid of most (if not all) viruses and other malware, but nothing is perfect. Just wanted to let you know before we began.

So lets get started:

First you'll need a program called "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware", COMPLETELY FREE, easy to use, NO TRIALS.

PLEASE NOTE: Malwarebytes is NOT an anti-virus program, its a scanner. This means that it will NOT protect your computer from viruses, it'll only remove them when you run it. As such, you should always have an ACTIVE anti-virus on your computer at all times.

Some good PAID ones are:

Kaspersky
ESET
Emsisoft Anti-Malware (my favorite from the PAID category)

Some good FREE ones are:
avast! (my favorite from the FREE category)
AVG
Avira Free Anti-virus

You may download it from malwarebytes.org, the official website. Click on "Free Download" and then if it redirects you to "download.cnet.com", that's fine, just click on the big GREEN "FREE DOWNLOAD". IGNORE any ads you may see, they're not affiliated with Malwarebytes.

Please don't access any other website to download, as they may give you infected (malicious software riddled) version(s).

Once installed, it should look something like this:

[Image: 5WuJ00r.png]

The first thing you want to do is go to the "Update" tab and click on "Check for updates":

[Image: 52B5b7w.png]

Please don't interrupt the update process, usually only takes a few seconds. Once done, go back to the "Scanner" tab and select either "Quick scan" or "Full scan":

[Image: m5MZmse.png]

A Quick scan can normally take anywhere from 2-10 minutes, depending on the size of your computer's hard-drive (the larger it is, the longer it'll take). A Full scan varies, depending on your computer as well. Its never taken more than 1 1/2 hour on my computer though.

Once the scan has completed, it'll pop-up a notepad note, which you can IGNORE. What we're really interested in is this:

[Image: ckHzXu6.png]

Hopefully your computer isn't infected, but if it is, please look at this:

[Image: gLNB7Jk.png]

-----

I'd recommend that you scan your computer at least ONCE A WEEK to ensure a malware-free existence.

-----

Thank you for reading my guide. I really hope it helped you in some way and if it did, please let me know Big Grin

Have a great day guys, surf the internet safely.

Feel free to ask any questions about malware (viruses, trojans, etc.) or about Malwarebytes here Big Grin

RE: Suspect you have a virus? Check this out! - Kornslipkn - 05-17-2013 07:17 AM

I also have this and I recommend it !! 10/10

RE: Suspect you have a virus? Check this out! - Plural - 05-17-2013 07:37 AM

I had 6 Wink, hmm, although ethy were in stuff like Obfuscation programs, meaning they really wouldn't have been real viruses Tongue

RE: Suspect you have a virus? Check this out! - honeybadger - 07-04-2013 12:03 AM

I can sell people Malwarebytes pro key's for some cash/items in game! I have a few extra.

RE: Suspect you have a virus? Check this out! - Waddup - 07-04-2013 01:36 AM

7/10.

RE: Suspect you have a virus? Check this out! - Paper - 07-04-2013 12:21 PM

This is actually a really good program. I recommend it as well.
(07-04-2013 12:03 AM)honeybadger Wrote:  I can sell people Malwarebytes pro key's for some cash/items in game! I have a few extra.
How much items/money?

RE: Suspect you have a virus? Check this out! - honeybadger - 07-05-2013 07:26 AM

(07-04-2013 12:21 PM)Paper Wrote:  This is actually a really good program. I recommend it as well.
(07-04-2013 12:03 AM)honeybadger Wrote:  I can sell people Malwarebytes pro key's for some cash/items in game! I have a few extra.
How much items/money?

Idk, we could work something out.

RE: Suspect you have a virus? Check this out! - Rehab - 07-05-2013 03:45 PM

how about just pirating it

RE: Suspect you have a virus? Check this out! - Waddup - 07-05-2013 06:46 PM

(07-05-2013 07:26 AM)honeybadger Wrote:  [quote='Paper' pid='7140' dateline='1372911662']
This is actually a really good program. I recommend it as well.
[quote='honeybadger' pid='7102' dateline='1372867405']
I can sell people Malwarebytes pro key's for some cash/items in game! I have a few extra.
How much items/money?
i am also selling google.com, 10m

RE: Suspect you have a virus? Check this out! - Paper - 07-06-2013 04:53 AM

(07-05-2013 06:46 PM)Waddup Wrote:  i am also selling google.com, 10m
Rip off. D=