Rune2006
Having trouble logging in. - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Having trouble logging in. (/showthread.php?tid=753)

Pages: 1 2

Having trouble logging in. - Travellerr - 05-14-2013 04:03 AM

I am not sure where to post this but.
The forums for me are really slow and when i log in the screen just stays white forever..
I have no idea what to do right now..

Traveller.

RE: Having trouble logging in. - Plural - 05-14-2013 04:25 AM

Php seems indeed very slow on this new windows server. I will replace it with nginx tommorow. Other than that how long have you tried? Don't switch tabs while logging in. IPS may also get blacklisted by anti ddos service. It may be configured too sensitivy.

RE: Having trouble logging in. - Travellerr - 05-14-2013 04:51 AM

I've tried it about 6 times, didn't work..
After a while not trying i tried again and then it did worked finally.
Hope you can fix it tomorrow.

Traveller

RE: Having trouble logging in. - Driman-Banned Ingame- - 05-14-2013 05:42 AM

your online....

RE: Having trouble logging in. - dsun - 05-14-2013 06:40 AM

the webclient is ok for me but the forums are really slow, sometimes they wont even load

RE: Having trouble logging in. - czechm8 - 05-14-2013 10:34 PM

Yes, I too have noticed that the forums were quite slow. Sometimes, the website wouldn't load for me at all. Thankfully, the problem seems to be subsiding slowly.

Here is Plural's response as to why this has been happening. You may refer to the Update Logs 4 for the full post:

You may have noticed that the site was slow yesterday. This was due to a bug in windows server 2008 (we came from Centos 6). Apparently if IPV6 gets enabled on windows, localhost has problems routing 127.0.0.1.
That's why connecting to the database took a really long time. Since our applications have been updated the site is able to load in under 50ms!

-----
This makes sense, and it seems that he's either sorting it out, or already has.

RE: Having trouble logging in. - Driman-Banned Ingame- - 05-14-2013 10:54 PM

It loads fast for me, it might be your internet connection contact how fast your internet loads. Smile

RE: Having trouble logging in. - czechm8 - 05-14-2013 11:04 PM

Driman, Plural confirmed that the forums were slow, as I stated his post above. Stop trying to confuse people by putting the problem on their internet, when its the forums.

RE: Having trouble logging in. - Driman-Banned Ingame- - 05-14-2013 11:07 PM

If the forums loads fast for me at school... i think its your internet, it takes 2 seconds to load ( same time as before ) since April 12 2013.

RE: Having trouble logging in. - Plural - 05-14-2013 11:41 PM

(05-14-2013 11:07 PM)Driman Wrote:  If the forums loads fast for me at school... i think its your internet, it takes 2 seconds to load ( same time as before ) since April 12 2013.

It wasn't his internet, sometimes the apache server would have problems processing the connections and lag for around 2-3 minuts. I replaced it by Nginx today, and it loads a whole lot faster and the issue has been resolved.