Rune2006
We need updates - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Game Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: We need updates (/showthread.php?tid=831)

We need updates - cojack - 05-24-2013 08:21 PM

Plural, i assume you are doing work behind the scenes but just not updating it but really people are getting angry and leaving with the lack of updates. We have no idea what's going on or what you have completed. Please just update more frequently. Smile

RE: We need updates - Plural - 05-24-2013 11:11 PM

I don't have time for coding right now. I have exams upcoming.
Also people don't quit when you don't make content. Look at any big private server. This source ran for 3 months with 2000 people online at any time, and not a single update was done.
League of Legends hasn't been updated in weeks and I don't see people complain there?
There are loads of updates, more than most rspses do.
If people get angry because there are not "enough" updates for them, then in my opinion they can quit right now. New people will come who actually appreciate it. I don't see why people play only to see new updates? Makes no sense to me?
In the end I do not get paid for this. Which means I have no obligation towards them at all. People can already be glad they get something for free in the end.
I don't really see anyone quitting, who quit? (I don't see any topics in quitting section either...).
I have only seen growth in the last few days. Only since last Tuesday when I did loads of advertising we had 20 players online. And right now we have 24. So what player loss are you talking of?

RE: We need updates - Henning B - 05-25-2013 05:31 AM

(05-24-2013 11:11 PM)Plural Wrote:  I don't have time for coding right now. I have exams upcoming.
Also people don't quit when you don't make content. Look at any big private server. This source ran for 3 months with 2000 people online at any time, and not a single update was done.
League of Legends hasn't been updated in weeks and I don't see people complain there?
If people get angry because there are not "enough" updates for them, then in my opinion they can quit right now. New people will come who actually appreciate it. I don't see why people play only to see new updates? Makes no sense to me?
In the end I do not get paid for this. Which means I have no obligation towards them at all. People can already be glad they get something for free in the end.
I don't really see anyone quitting, who quit? (I don't see any topics in quitting section either...).
I have only seen growth in the last few days. Only since last Tuesday when I did loads of advertising we had 20 players online. And right now we have 24. So what player loss are you talking of?

LoL was updated today Tongue

RE: We need updates - cojack - 05-25-2013 01:24 PM

(05-24-2013 11:11 PM)Plural Wrote:  I don't have time for coding right now. I have exams upcoming.

Okay, that is good that people are coming. I didn't see that, but i was friends with a few guys (3 or 4) and they were pretty active and just thought to themselves that this server isn't going anywhere and that osrs is just the only game left... they didn't go back to osrs they were officially quitting runescape as a whole for good. I really appreciate your efforts into advertising, but seriously why didn't you tell us you had exams, then people would have understood, even me. I thought they had all finished...?