Rune2006
quality laptops? - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Computer Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: quality laptops? (/showthread.php?tid=84)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: quality laptops? - Fruit - 04-24-2013 11:52 PM

I'd suggest a HP. Although I don't know much about computers/laptops, my one works fine.

And I prefer laptops since y'know, you can carry them around.

RE: quality laptops? - Driman-Banned Ingame- - 04-25-2013 11:25 PM

Vaio is alright i guess, but i prefer a TOSHIBA because it is build for programming and gaming Smile or is that ACER

RE: quality laptops? - Micah - 04-26-2013 06:16 AM

(04-25-2013 11:25 PM)Driman Wrote:  Vaio is alright i guess, but i prefer a TOSHIBA because it is build for programming and gaming Smile or is that ACER

Toshiba isn't made for gaming.

I ended up getting an Asus laptop, works great. I can run tons of games now, and its very nice. So anyone looking for a good laptop I highly recomend Asus.

RE: quality laptops? - Muhv - 04-27-2013 07:16 PM

HP isn't good choice. HP hardware isn't so reliable and most of laptops which come to
guarantee are HP-s. Business seria HPs are more reliable then pavilions. And don't take AMD processor. If cooler isn't placed correctly it burn down easly than Intel processor.
Like Micah sayed, Asus is good choice, and it is a good. Asus company is old motherboard maker and these are very reliable and price is quite good to.
Second good choice would be Dell inspirion. Inspirion quality is good, and price is low. For gaming you should choose from these two, Asus or Dell. If you don't move so much then i recomend you to buy PC not laptop. Laptops aren't build to gaming because laptops cooler systems are quite weak.
I'm using Dell Studio, i have been used it for 2,5 year and i haven't been any problems. I'm quite big gamer but i'm moving a lot, then i need to carry my computer with me.

If you have some questions to buy some computer you can ask from me. Wink

RE: quality laptops? - Henning B - 04-28-2013 06:51 AM

-----------> http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/xps-13-linux/pd.aspx?~ck=mn
even comes with ubuntu

RE: quality laptops? - Muhv - 04-28-2013 01:18 PM

Top 10 best performing laptops.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57581290-37/macbook-pro-declared-best-performing-windows-laptop/

RE: quality laptops? - greenman2288 - 04-30-2013 09:17 PM

(04-27-2013 07:16 PM)Muhv Wrote:  HP isn't good choice. HP hardware isn't so reliable and most of laptops which come to
guarantee are HP-s. Business seria HPs are more reliable then pavilions. And don't take AMD processor. If cooler isn't placed correctly it burn down easly than Intel processor.
Like Micah sayed, Asus is good choice, and it is a good. Asus company is old motherboard maker and these are very reliable and price is quite good to.
Second good choice would be Dell inspirion. Inspirion quality is good, and price is low. For gaming you should choose from these two, Asus or Dell. If you don't move so much then i recomend you to buy PC not laptop. Laptops aren't build to gaming because laptops cooler systems are quite weak.
I'm using Dell Studio, i have been used it for 2,5 year and i haven't been any problems. I'm quite big gamer but i'm moving a lot, then i need to carry my computer with me.

I'm sorry but Dell is absolute garbage. Asus is a tier up from HP when it comes to laptops, but IMO the quality you get from HP with the money spent is well worth it.

RE: quality laptops? - Muhv - 04-30-2013 09:57 PM

(04-30-2013 09:17 PM)greenman2288 Wrote:  
(04-27-2013 07:16 PM)Muhv Wrote:  HP isn't good choice. HP hardware isn't so reliable and most of laptops which come to

I'm sorry but Dell is absolute garbage. Asus is a tier up from HP when it comes to laptops, but IMO the quality you get from HP with the money spent is well worth it.

Unfortunately i can't agree with you that Dell-s are garbage. My Dell is now about 2,5 years old and i have no problems with it. But this is true, that HP price and quality is balanced. You pay less, you get less. Smile A little notice that, most of Asus are designed for left handed. Wink

RE: quality laptops? - Herpsnderps - 05-05-2013 10:48 AM

screw the laptop, get a good tower and moniter.. I'd reccomend a dell. Smile

RE: quality laptops? - Jason - 05-21-2013 02:44 AM

Toshiba fo' life. Sure, you need to upgrade the graphics yourself, but it runs quite nice. Its been about 4 years and its time to replace my hard drive. Pretty cheap aswell.