Rune2006
Money Making and Character Progression - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Guides & Tutorials (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Money Making and Character Progression (/showthread.php?tid=8421)

Money Making and Character Progression - quackerpie - 09-22-2014 05:05 PM

So I just want to take a second to hand out some of my success tips for in game progression, and anyone else is free to post theirs here too.
This is what I did from the start to where I am today

-I started off by doing theiving. This builds up a small amount of gold, and eventually you can go to audy and steal cakes. This not only builds up gold but also food at a low level, making yourself liable to stay out and do combat longer and train skills longer.

-From there I started fighting things like goblins and chickens...you can cook the chickens in lumby right at the farmers house and bury the bones, getting you some prayer levels.

-pick up ALL LOOT. Every drop. Let nothing go to waste. Eventually after doing some fishing and misc. skills I went to hill giants at around 15 combat. They dont hit much and also they drop gems, unids(unidentified herbs) and also limpwert runes and seeds. This really started building up bank because I was able to sell items off to farmers in game and also crafters. Most players go through these crafting mats really quickly so they are always in demand.

I have atleast made 20k by level 27 which is modestly enough to get full mithril armor and weapon. The profitability margin increases as I gain levels and am able to fight better monsters with better drops.

Ill keep updating this thread with what I do to give most an idea of what to do in game for money. Especially as we get new players.

Make sure to give back to the community. If you have an item you don't need....pass it on to someone.

RE: Money Making and Character Progression - Dr Lurl - 09-23-2014 05:18 AM

I actually did smithing for my first load of money.
It's better to get money from fishing however. Selling lobs to rich people Big Grin
Also check out what Garrett is buying because that guy is loaded and boss. lol