Rune2006
Updates? - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Updates? (/showthread.php?tid=9026)

Pages: 1 2

Updates? - Mekara - 12-07-2014 02:33 AM

When are we going to get updates?

RE: PLURAL - Plural - 12-07-2014 02:57 AM

Just fixed the hiscores and transfered it tot a new server. Updates will always stay a small percentage of total content. Thus I don't believe they would really keep that much people as long as the community is perceived as active. Updates at this point will also not get people back here. It's all about advertising. But that costs money. And I already spent about 1000$ in the last 2 years on this.

About the exam thing, honestly that's just how it is. I don't kniw if youare in higher education yourself but there is honestly no time left with projects and deadlines. Same will probably apply when I have a job. I will keep putting My life above rune2006. Otherwise it would not be sustainable in the long run. And I would have worked on it a few months and then have to put it offline because of the amount of other things I would have neglected. (I don't really see what you are trying to achieve with this seemingly highly sarcastic post: original post edited.) Otherwise all the best.

RE: PLURAL - Mekara - 12-07-2014 03:14 AM

First of all, I'm glad I got your attention.

The communtiy doese the advertsing part. You can't believe how good the server is on the runelocus toplist with over 100+ votes. You have upgraded the server hardware and the mechanical stuff which is way more than what it is supposed to be, but the thing is that bugfixes and small stuff that wont take much of a time could probably show us that the server is still in imrpovement and can make the community feel that the server is still progressing. I like the idea of making thread that is showing us what has been done since last week and what is fixed. I mean that the Updates section is just sitting at a corner with only 2 threads. Why not let us know what the changes are and make us feel like we are not dead at all.
It is not a necessary thing but, people like to know the updates.

RE: PLURAL - garrett - 12-07-2014 03:20 AM

thanks for fixing the high scores Big Grin

RE: PLURAL - Plural - 12-07-2014 03:22 AM

(12-07-2014 03:14 AM)Mekara Wrote:  First of all, I'm glad I got your attention.

The communtiy doese the advertsing part. You can't believe how good the server is on the runelocus toplist with over 100+ votes. You have upgraded the server hardware and the mechanical stuff which is way more than what it is supposed to be, but the thing is that bugfixes and small stuff that wont take much of a time could probably show us that the server is still in imrpovement and can make the community feel that the server is still progressing. I like the idea of making thread that is showing us what has been done since last week and what is fixed. I mean that the Updates section is just sitting at a corner with only 2 threads. Why not let us know what the changes are and make us feel like we are not dead at all.
It is not a necessary thing but, people like to know the updates.

Alright you got a few points there.
The last coding related part I did was trying to implement a halloween event but I was not on time. The source code itself is still on the hard drive of my old computer. Which I sadly do not have acces to right now. I guess update logs are not too hard. The old site still pulls in 1000-2000 unique visitors per month so I think I will focus more on getting them here. Problem is that with a x1 XP rate the conversion rate has dropped significantly since the launch of OSRS. So I am still thinking if I should increase the XP rate at this point, however that might be hard since it has been x1 for such a long time. Starting with sending newsletters again is also not a bad idea (to all forum members).

Also, on another note. Please don't make sarcastic posts if you want to discuss something like this. It can get me on my horse really quickly. Would like if you edted the title and the main post so that this may be turned into an actual discussion with multiple parties rather than a rant(I'm not saying it still is, since we actually have a good discussion going now).

(12-07-2014 03:20 AM)garrett Wrote:  thanks for fixing the high scores Big Grin

No problem, I was still looking for the images. But I have not been able to find them yet. They were originally being hosted by the creator of the hiscores script but he stopped hosting them. I have now sent him a message to ask if he still has them. Because it looks really bad now. I could also tranfer to a dofferent theme but I would have to convert the database which would take a lot of my time.

You might not believe it but I actually have my 3rd exam period this year in a month and still have a whole lot to do. So my time is pretty limited, and it would be even more limited if I were to not succeed.

RE: Updates? - Feel - 12-07-2014 06:32 AM

Thinking about coming back, So it will be cool to see some awesome updates Tongue

RE: Updates? - garrett - 12-07-2014 07:24 AM

Honestly, raising the exp rate will probably be good for the server. It's just gonna suck for me and the older players who have put so much time at x1. but oh well I guess haha.

RE: Updates? - xaviar - 12-07-2014 08:31 AM

(12-07-2014 07:24 AM)garrett Wrote:  Honestly, raising the exp rate will probably be good for the server. It's just gonna suck for me and the older players who have put so much time at x1. but oh well I guess haha.

if the exp rate does rise to something like 5x, all of the characters existing exp points in every skill should be multiplied by 5

RE: Updates? - garrett - 12-07-2014 09:49 AM

(12-07-2014 08:31 AM)xaviar Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 07:24 AM)garrett Wrote:  Honestly, raising the exp rate will probably be good for the server. It's just gonna suck for me and the older players who have put so much time at x1. but oh well I guess haha.

if the exp rate does rise to something like 5x, all of the characters existing exp points in every skill should be multiplied by 5

I don't know why i didn't think of that lol but yeah that's a great idea. I just don't know how much work that would actually require on Plurals end.

RE: Updates? - Mekara - 12-07-2014 03:05 PM

am I the only one who thinks 5x is a little bit too high? I mean 2x or 3x would be enough.