Rune2006
Servers Future - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Game Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Servers Future (/showthread.php?tid=926)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Servers Future - Aaron - 06-10-2013 10:14 PM

Sorry for this rant and i know that Maarten has his final exams right now but months before he had time to find at least one coder? What i am suggesting is that you have one person in charge of advertising the server (mod) this server really needs at least 3 coders. I have heard that you have trust issues but maybe make Dj Tim a mod he was co owner of remake and didn't do abuse his powers. Just because 1 or 2 co owners abused there powers doesn't mean every one will and you have people around you that you can trust and if Feng is available maybe get her? I just think once u have a strong team behind you this server will be number 1 and will have 100ppl on 24/7
Share thoughts
EDIT:Things i have noticed is when i get my friends to come on they see a lack of content and staff and logout and told me to tell them once things start to get added daily

RE: Servers Future - Driman-Banned Ingame- - 06-10-2013 10:28 PM

I wouldn't suggest making Dj Tim or anyone that was a developer of another competing server, because we never know if they lure us and steal the source. Even if they say, dude i am trusted, we never know if their hidden owner or anything. feng is working on another server, so perhaps she wants to join cause to get some source ideas. But don't get mad people this is my opinion, about letting competing ex owner to be on our side. The reason to this, is because i have been on 5 remakes, and 3 of them the ex developers happened to be on the competing server, since they got fired or whatever, and they steal it or backstab and go back to old server, then they say "oh they hired me back" "oh they took me back they needed me again"... So i hope you get my point. We can never trust people who are or were in the other competing server.

I offered to help 2 months ago, when me and Maarten were getting to know each other, but he doesn't trust anyone, and he also said its a solo team. I have no problem because I am a solo pperson when it comes to rsps. Wink

RE: Servers Future - cojack - 06-10-2013 10:32 PM

I think most people care about this server so i don't think the future is going to be affected. Big Grin

RE: Servers Future - dsun - 06-10-2013 10:44 PM

It's understandable that Plural doesn't trust people that easily after what happened. He trusted people several times and got backstabbed each time, sadly.

I wish Feng would come to help, she's great.
I agree with Dj Tim becoming a mod, he's active, helpful and trustworthy.
To be honest, the more mods we have, the better.

Driman, you have no idea what you're talking about. Dj Tim and Feng were from Plural's previous remake, they're trustworthy. They won't backstab us.

I don't like the idea of getting random people to code, though. They should be trustworthy.
If Plural prefers to work alone, let him. I won't mind.

RE: Servers Future - Kornslipkn - 06-10-2013 11:24 PM

(06-10-2013 10:28 PM)Driman Wrote:  I wouldn't suggest making Dj Tim or anyone that was a developer of another competing server, because we never know if they lure us and steal the source. Even if they say, dude i am trusted, we never know if their hidden owner or anything. feng is working on another server, so perhaps she wants to join cause to get some source ideas. But don't get mad people this is my opinion, about letting competing ex owner to be on our side. The reason to this, is because i have been on 5 remakes, and 3 of them the ex developers happened to be on the competing server, since they got fired or whatever, and they steal it or backstab and go back to old server, then they say "oh they hired me back" "oh they took me back they needed me again"... So i hope you get my point. We can never trust people who are or were in the other competing server.

I offered to help 2 months ago, when me and Maarten were getting to know each other, but he doesn't trust anyone, and he also said its a solo team. I have no problem because I am a solo pperson when it comes to rsps. Wink

What the hell do you mean by "competing server"

dj tim and feng wouldnt backstab us, we know them well

please stop making stuff about people up, it only makes you look even more of a fool thank you already are

RE: Servers Future - dj tim dis - 06-10-2013 11:35 PM

@Driman, do research before you start calling me "an owner of another competing server" and actually read what Aaron put. He said i was Plural's old co-owner, but i forgive you for assuming things.

Anyways Aaron thanks a lot for the support! i totally agree with your idea of Plural needing a coder and staff members! whoever he decides though we'll all support :]

Dsun you're still the man

RE: Servers Future - Fruit - 06-10-2013 11:46 PM

Tim's a nice bloke. One of the few we know and we can trust.
So I agree.

RE: Servers Future - Ayden - 06-11-2013 12:53 AM

Quite honestly, I was playing this server a hell of a lot for a long time and the fact that Traveller and Plural weren't doing their job by moderating the server made me want to leave. It's very shitty to me that I had to, as a regular player, attempt to calm people down... Quite frankly if I had a staff position I would understand that it's something that comes with job but I'm not interested in taking up that kind of responsibility mainly because I'm just a player with no respect from anyone else.

As for the real discussion here, I think it's a dumb fucking idea that you are suggesting someone for a staff position. It disgusts me that you think your judgement is more important than Plural's. It's quite obvious that he needs help moderating the server and I'm sure he is aware.. No this has and never will be a "Good Idea," suggesting server staff. Just stop.

RE: Servers Future - Driman-Banned Ingame- - 06-11-2013 01:08 AM

I agree with Ayden, this server gets boring and old.

I also think this is some sort of joke, because Dj Tim and Pauly B, never been on until now. And now i have been searching and theirs now like 3 new 2006 servers, and 1 in development of 6. So why come now and look for being mod or developer, this seems suspicious.

RE: Servers Future - Goku - 06-11-2013 01:25 AM

(06-11-2013 12:53 AM)Ayden Wrote:  Quite honestly, I was playing this server a hell of a lot for a long time and the fact that Traveller and Plural weren't doing their job by moderating the server made me want to leave. It's very shitty to me that I had to, as a regular player, attempt to calm people down... Quite frankly if I had a staff position I would understand that it's something that comes with job but I'm not interested in taking up that kind of responsibility mainly because I'm just a player with no respect from anyone else.

As for the real discussion here, I think it's a dumb fucking idea that you are suggesting someone for a staff position. It disgusts me that you think your judgement is more important than Plural's. It's quite obvious that he needs help moderating the server and I'm sure he is aware.. No this has and never will be a "Good Idea," suggesting server staff. Just stop.

^YESS!!

Driman needs to gtfo, always thinking he's better than everyone else (saying he's smarter than all of us and brags about how he's supposedly joining the mairines) and lies TOO much. And he lies big time, he lies about things that are way too serious. Like how a bully at school supposedly broke his back but then he says he goes to "virtual" school. He tries to make everyone feel sorry for him and give him attention by lying. Not only that but he keeps talking to himself in yell because he wants everyone's attention, and multiple times I myself and a few others told him to stop. If you can't ban him at least perm mute him, take his yell privileges away. He's already been shunned away by everybody but he continues to annoy the server. It's mind-boggling that Driman hasn't been taken care of. He's been annoying the server for what? 2 months now? It's ridiculous. And since Traveller is the only Moderator he isn't going to be online ALL the time. So if Driman or somebody else is annoying everyone, who can take care of it? It would be complete chaos. Also someone needs to OFFICIALLY write the rules. It's ridiculous that Driman the attention whore, the liar, actually WROTE the rules. Are you f*cking kidding me? He's broken so many rules it's time we get rid of him. On an old server I used to play, if you spammed the forums, or spammed yell like Driman, you'd be muted for a WEEK. We have to be more strict on the mute. A puny 24/48 hour mute won't do much, cause once he's unmuted he can continue again.

DRIMAN4PERMMUTE