Rune2006
Running Webclient on Java 8 - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Rune2006 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Guides & Tutorials (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Running Webclient on Java 8 (/showthread.php?tid=9492)

Running Webclient on Java 8 - Plural - 02-14-2015 08:58 AM

On the latest JAVA Version web applications have been restricted from running in the browser without a paid certificate. You can circumvent this measure by following this tutorial.

Remember, you can also download the jar file and run it on your Computer. Java does not need certification for desktop apps.

If you ran the game in browser under JAVA 8 you might have noticed the following message on your webclient:
"Your security settings have blocked a self-signed application from running?"

Well...it's not the end of the world, you could just download the desktop client OR...you do it this quick way.

Step 1.
[WINDOWS 8 AND 7] Open start menu and search for configure java. It will look like this on Windows 8[Image: 2q81smf.jpg]
[WINDOWS VISTA AND XP] Open start menu, go into control panel and find configure java.

Step 2.
[ALL] Click 'Security' - [Image: 2cr8q6d.png]

Step 3.
[ALL] Add the following URLS to your Exception Site list.
Your Webclient should now be working. -
[Image: VX6ux.jpg]
[Image: qQLbD.jpg]

Credits to user noob bob for part of the images and thread.

RE: Running Webclient on Java 8 - Plural - 02-14-2015 09:02 AM

RESERVED

RE: Running Webclient on Java 8 - Targaryan - 02-15-2015 12:55 AM

Plural is active again, any news bout tht old computer with the source files and btw ty for this

RE: Running Webclient on Java 8 - fighter7 - 02-15-2015 02:41 PM

Any help? On my laptop I have both of these on my exception list and it still tells me it is blocked. On my desktop, it still works, but it limits me to only be able to play rune2006 from home!

RE: Running Webclient on Java 8 - Plural - 02-15-2015 09:13 PM

(02-15-2015 02:41 PM)fighter7 Wrote:  Any help? On my laptop I have both of these on my exception list and it still tells me it is blocked. On my desktop, it still works, but it limits me to only be able to play rune2006 from home!

Maybe webcontent in itself is blocked, there is also an option for that, it's also in security menu. Also, you should set security to high not ultra high. If that does not resolve the issue; click on the content block error and post a screenshot of that popup. That should say why the applet was blocked from running in the first place.

RE: Running Webclient on Java 8 - Henning B - 02-16-2015 05:17 AM

I could write one up for linux and macosx in a few days?

RE: Running Webclient on Java 8 - Plural - 02-16-2015 10:38 AM

(02-16-2015 05:17 AM)Henning B Wrote:  I could write one up for linux and macosx in a few days?

That would be great Henning Big Grin

RE: Running Webclient on Java 8 - Battulga - 03-24-2019 06:20 AM

Hey please help me out My pc can't run the rune2006 anymore i just got notepad when i download the file. so i wonder witch jave version runs rune2006?