Rune2006
OS - Printable Version

+- Rune2006 (http://rune2006.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Computer Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: OS (/showthread.php?tid=28)

Pages: 1 2

RE: OS - Infamous - 04-06-2013 02:01 PM

Windows 95

RE: OS - quackerpie - 08-03-2013 09:27 AM

Mint 14 (linux) was very good. Once I figured out the command line it was a blast, especially the customization. I felt as though it was a learning experience. I never really had that on Mac or windows, and I've not only used but owned windows vista, 7 and 8. Also Ive used OSX mountain lion. Mint 14 distro was not to mention free, and was a playground for developers and also encouraged development in itself. Mac and Windows do not encourage it as it would mean less sales for windows programs on a large scale(that is my personal belief).
Currently running windows 7 because I do not have a disc drive on this ity-bitty net book I am using.

RE: OS - Dr Crabgrass - 09-02-2013 05:24 AM

Depends on what you're going to use the OS for.

But since this forum is mostly for gaming and theres no major programmers (as it seems, but I may be mistaken) I would choose Windows 7.

RE: OS - Botting4day - 09-04-2013 11:29 AM

(09-02-2013 05:24 AM)Dr Crabgrass Wrote:  Depends on what you're going to use the OS for.

But since this forum is mostly for gaming and theres no major programmers (as it seems, but I may be mistaken) I would choose Windows 7.

While the UI changes are a little goofy, I actually prefer 8 over 7 for the performance improvement. The boot up times are phenomenal.

RE: OS - Rocky786 - 12-15-2013 09:21 AM

I don't think there's a "best" one, they all have their pros and cons. However, I personally like Linux: Mint or Debian maybe even Puppy.

I usually use Windows 7 though as it's mainstream and everything is generally made for it.

Have also dabbled with Hackintoshes, "Hack OS X" etc., it's interesting to play around with.